Volusia Riders Store

Vendors with a presence or contributing to the VOL.
miataman92
Road Captain

Volusia Riders Store

Postby miataman92 » March 31st, 2008, 7:51 am

Hey, you guys know Fletch and Mightydog from the VR. They opened an online store that currently is selling Volusia related stickers, and plan to upgrade their inventory to carry other Volusia/Bully specific items.

http://www.volusiaridersstore.com/

Through April 27, 2008, a donation will be made to the Alyssa fund for every purchase. Support a fellow rider, AND a great cause for a great little girl. Plus, the stickers look great!
Dave
Kawasaki Vulcan 800
Lagrange, Ohio
Iron Butt 2011
"It's all about the ride!"

Rick77
Hang Around

Re: Volusia Riders Store

Postby Rick77 » February 16th, 2011, 2:27 pm

Yeah, They have some great stuff.

Headhunter
The Bishop

Postby Headhunter » February 16th, 2011, 2:32 pm

LOL they better sell all that stuff fast. I am sure a copyright lawsuit or atleast a cease and desist is right around the corner.

Do the new owners at the VR own jsut the domain, or all lisc and creative? Might be a thing to check out.
I am smellin' like the rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

Pink Service Manual 01-04

The Volusianator
VOL Original

Postby The Volusianator » February 16th, 2011, 2:37 pm

Whoa, would've been nice if I could've gotten what they are asking for their patches!

wehrd1
VOL Original

Postby wehrd1 » February 16th, 2011, 2:46 pm

very few items (if any??) actually have the dot com address on them.

you can't copyright the name volusia (county, m/c brand, many other things) and we are RIDERS of said m/c model (for the most part, or once were).

i highly doubt they could do anything legal about the VR logo (black/gold or the flying wings one), as it was CREATED by membership, and it's NOT the same font or color as the heading logo on the VR website.
Colleen - '03 Volusia

Headhunter
The Bishop

Postby Headhunter » February 16th, 2011, 3:05 pm

wehrd1 wrote:very few items (if any??) actually have the dot com address on them.

you can't copyright the name volusia (county, m/c brand, many other things) and we are RIDERS of said m/c model (for the most part, or once were).

i highly doubt they could do anything legal about the VR logo (black/gold or the flying wings one), as it was CREATED by membership, and it's NOT the same font or color as the heading logo on the VR website.

It really depends on what the purchase agreement states. If it involves all logos, past and present, the name Volusia Riders or VR international, then they have a case.

And on trademarking or copyrighting, You can bascially trade or copyright anything. As a company we trademarked "US Farm Data" a very generic, broad term. It took 2 appeals and having to wait a year for challenges, but we now have it.

and actually after looking it up.... the word "Volusia" is no longer owned by Suzuki. They dropped it on 7/4/2009. So in all reality it is fair game. But for $200 someone could buy the name and then force people to stop using it, or pay them to use it. Interesting......

and because i am a turd... VR.com and VR International are both unregistered trademarks.
I am smellin' like the rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

Pink Service Manual 01-04

wehrd1
VOL Original

Postby wehrd1 » February 16th, 2011, 3:08 pm

Headhunter wrote:
wehrd1 wrote:very few items (if any??) actually have the dot com address on them.

It really depends on what the purchase agreement states. If it involves all logos, past and present, the name Volusia Riders or VR international, then they have a case.

And on trademarking or copyrighting, You can bascially trade or copyright anything. As a company we trademarked "US Farm Data" a very generic, broad term. It took 2 appeals and having to wait a year for challenges, but we now have it.

and actually after looking it up.... the word "Volusia" is no longer owned by Suzuki. They dropped it on 7/4/2009. So in all reality it is fair game. But for $200 someone could buy the name and then force people to stop using it, or pay them to use it. Interesting......

and because i am a turd... VR.com and VR International are both unregistered trademarks.

well....according to past documentation, in the past VS pays on the average 6 figures when they buy a website, i'd bet they got all that too for that chunk of change.

pretty good profit for someone that had the site literally handed over to them
Colleen - '03 Volusia

annieh
VOL Original

Postby annieh » February 16th, 2011, 3:23 pm

wehrd1 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

well....according to past documentation, in the past VS pays on the average 6 figures when they buy a website, i'd bet they got all that too for that chunk of change.

pretty good profit for someone that had the site literally handed over to them

and yet he wonders why people are upset.........

Fletch
Patched

Postby Fletch » February 16th, 2011, 5:10 pm

Wade, actually we chose to go with quality over price and very little profit is being made on the patches or anything else. We could have gotten the cheaply made patches that look de net but ask anyone who has bought one how well they are made and look.
(by the way if I haven't already said it, it sure is good seeing you again!!)
As for as the name goes, they own the name volusiariders.com not the term volusiariders.
There is a motorcycle group in Volusia County, FL made up of all sorts of riders and they call themselves volusiariders from what Robert tells me.
When I did a domain search volusia-riders was also available, so simply inserting a hypen
Would solve that problem if/when it ever arises.
Till then it is still Volusiariders Store.

The Volusianator
VOL Original

Postby The Volusianator » February 16th, 2011, 5:37 pm

Fletch wrote:(by the way if I haven't already said it, it sure is good seeing you again!!)

Great to see you too sir!

Return to “Vendors”