Volusia Riders Store

Vendors with a presence or contributing to the VOL.
FPS
Prospect

Re: Volusia Riders Store

Postby FPS » February 18th, 2011, 6:27 am

Wonder if they can off VOL stuff? I'm not abandoning the VR by any means....but it would be cool to support this place as well.

mightydog
Patched

Postby mightydog » February 23rd, 2011, 11:14 am

FPS wrote:Wonder if they can off VOL stuff? I'm not abandoning the VR by any means....but it would be cool to support this place as well.

Lookin' into it! :) Doc has already made us a great offer for setting up shop here and letting us really feel a part of the site and the community. I admit, kinda feels nice to come in and have a chair pulled out for you to sit in, instead of having to feel around in the dark looking for a crack to slip thru. I feel sure we can get something up and going for VOL stuff.

Re: pricing, and a general how things run at the VR Store...

Pricing might be a tad higher than you'd expect for merchandise for a small group like this, because we didn't ask for everyone to chip in their cash for us to use to have the stuff made. In that case, we'd have been using your money, so it wouldn't have been right to have any markup over production cost and shipping. HOWEVER, in order to make stuff constantly available over time so as to fit your convenience and purchasing desires and schedules, there's some additional overhead involved, such as the cost of the Store itself (domain & hosting), the startup cost of buying Wiggo's remaining inventory and rights to the artwork, cost of design setups, and the cost of tying up our own money indefinitely in inventory. The stuff moves even slower than we expected, so there's some serious doubt whether it would ever actually pay for its own holding cost even if we doubled prices. But as long as we're all having fun with it, that's all that matters.

Most of those additional costs wouldn't be applicable to an offering of VOL patches and pins, and whatever else you'd want, because the art is already controlled by folks interested in the products being available and because of Doc's generous offer of Store space and support.

There's also one rather NEW ASPECT of the Store that we can make use of almost immediately for some VOL clothing, like t-shirts and hoodies, and some other trinkets. That's the new ZAZZLE.COM branch of the Store!

We already have some old school "Volusia Riders" stuff available there: the ORIGINAL DESIGNS for "Volusia Riders - USA", "Volusia Riders - Canada", and "Volusia Riders - REDNECK REBELS"!

If you're not familiar with the Store yet, please check out what we currently have in stock, and also available now at Zazzle, by visiting us at www.VolusiaRidersStore.com. If you were never into the VR Diamond, which was meant to be all-inclusive, there's the old school stuff for you!

Let us know what you want most, or tell Doc, and stay tuned!

Thanks very much again for making us feel welcome here.

FPS
Prospect

Postby FPS » February 23rd, 2011, 3:27 pm

Sounds good!! [CLAP]

ron2k_1
Patched

Postby ron2k_1 » February 24th, 2011, 9:36 am

In my case I for would like:
1 VOL Patch
1 Pin
1 Reflective Vest (Trust me, if you're in Belize you need YOU and the entire bike to be reflective)

And maybe a custom speedo dial. But I notice that the ones you show at the store are for Volusias, the C50s (and I'm speaking about my 09 model) have the Oil Pressure, right/left indicators, and radiator temp on the top of the speedo - something I didn't notice on the samples you showed.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

mightydog
Patched

Postby mightydog » February 24th, 2011, 10:18 am

ron2k_1 wrote:In my case I for would like:
1 VOL Patch
1 Pin
1 Reflective Vest (Trust me, if you're in Belize you need YOU and the entire bike to be reflective)

And maybe a custom speedo dial. But I notice that the ones you show at the store are for Volusias, the C50s (and I'm speaking about my 09 model) have the Oil Pressure, right/left indicators, and radiator temp on the top of the speedo - something I didn't notice on the samples you showed.

hmmm... i wasn't even aware the 09 models had changed the speedo, too. we'll have to contact webslinger and see if he's done any for an 09 and has a template yet. if not, want to be a guinea pig? :)

we should be able to get the reflective vests from tinwolf set up with a new design, too, if that's what you're wanting.

WeStateMedia
Hang Around

Postby WeStateMedia » February 24th, 2011, 11:20 am

As for the copyright stuff, I work in graphic/video media and I will tell you there is no other legal section out there trickier, muckier, and so off books as copyrighting. In fact, most people just don't even mess with it unless it's blatantly in your face because there's a motto in this business: It's better to ask forgiveness than it is permission (unless you're going against people with filthy amounts of money just waiting to watch you lose a court case).

As said before, from what everyone else is saying, it's free game. Even the university I work for, which has been around for 40 years now, is in battles for copyrighting their logo because they only have it trademarked. It would suck if it didn't go through because they already cleared a whole mountain top and slapped the logo on the side of it, hahaha!

Return to “Vendors”