riding gear: overpants

Vendors with a presence or contributing to the VOL.
FPS
Prospect

riding gear: overpants

Postby FPS » March 10th, 2011, 7:36 am

I ordered some First Gear Overpants about a week ago from motorcyclegear.com (New Enough's new name) and I got them in the mail yesterday...remember, I'm in Cuba still...so the fact that I got them already says something for New Enough!

HERE are the pants I'm talking about.

Obviously I haven't riden with them yet since my bike is in MO still, but I wanted to start the fitting process incase I needed to exchange them.

Since I'm going to be wearing them as a true overpant and not a stand alone item it was recommended that I order them in the exact same size pants I wear, which I did. Last night I tried them on over the pants I will be wearing on my long ride coming up. Perfect fit! sat down like in the saddle and the cuffs didn't travel up my legs, no binding in the crotch, and they didn't feel overly tight walking around in them. This was all with the waterproof liner in. I don't know for sure how well they will go over with a boot on, but they are designed to do just that. Other reviews I've read on them say to just take the boot off...not a big deal. Construction seems to be of good quality with no obvious poor designs. Though if there are they will reveal themselves over time, I'm sure.

I will post more about long term wear of them (since my first test of them will be 1300 miles in mid-April).
Last edited by FPS on March 10th, 2011, 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

mdram
Prospect

Re: riding gear: overpants

Postby mdram » March 10th, 2011, 8:00 am

link didnt work

and ive used new enough, and had great service, even for returns due to me picking the wrong size
03 Volusia
Cobra Streetrod Slashdown Exhaust (minus top tip), jet kit, light bar, highway bar, Switchblade 2-up

If you wanna know where the lower shore is, just head to the end of the earth and hang a left, 2 blocks over and your there :)

FPS
Prospect

Postby FPS » March 10th, 2011, 8:15 am

Oops! Copy and paste from the VR. Fixed now! Thanks for the heads up.

mdram
Prospect

Postby mdram » March 10th, 2011, 8:28 am

i think i have the non mesh version of those
03 Volusia
Cobra Streetrod Slashdown Exhaust (minus top tip), jet kit, light bar, highway bar, Switchblade 2-up

If you wanna know where the lower shore is, just head to the end of the earth and hang a left, 2 blocks over and your there :)

Return to “Vendors”