Oneida Suzuki....

Vendors with a presence or contributing to the VOL.
PhL0aTeR
VOL Original

Oneida Suzuki....

Postby PhL0aTeR » July 18th, 2011, 10:16 am

Anyone still use these folks? Due to "inflation" the cost of my oil filters nearly doubled. I usually buy them in multiples of 10, apparently i ran out during my last oil change. Anyway, shopping around for the best price, i found at Oneida, but they want to charge me $20 to ship 10 small filters, that would fit into a USPS priority $10 box. I edited my cart to reflect half that, and it discounted my shipping a whopping $1 and some change.

What are these guys doing down there, manufacturing the cardboard that makes the boxes and hand printing the shipping labels? 10 filters are about $40, $60 shipped... sumthin aint right.

teddybearfrmhell
Patched

Re: Oneida Suzuki....

Postby teddybearfrmhell » July 18th, 2011, 10:23 am

i just pick up one fram filter from walmart each oil change..... dont need 10 filters underfoot....
DISCLAIMER: I would like to appologize in advance, if anything i say makes you cry, it was not my intention to get your panties in a bunch.

ecks
VOL Original

Postby ecks » July 18th, 2011, 10:31 am

I've been using the walmart filters for the last couple of years also. HUGE savings!
If you p**** us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

PhL0aTeR
VOL Original

Postby PhL0aTeR » July 18th, 2011, 10:43 am

Sounds like you guys either like to go to walmart, or live close to one. Neither of those descriptions fit me.... lol

I have since found a place to order a roll of filters, and even some more goodies for the DR.... lol... my main thing was, didnt oneida used to be the "go to" place around here? I remember hearing their praises sung way back when, and even some on the VR, but never once did i hear about shipping prices, which is usually what people complain about.... lol

teddybearfrmhell
Patched

Postby teddybearfrmhell » July 18th, 2011, 10:56 am

PhL0aTeR wrote:Sounds like you guys either like to go to walmart, or live close to one. Neither of those descriptions fit me.... lol

I have since found a place to order a roll of filters, and even some more goodies for the DR.... lol... my main thing was, didnt oneida used to be the "go to" place around here? I remember hearing their praises sung way back when, and even some on the VR, but never once did i hear about shipping prices, which is usually what people complain about.... lol

i dont like going to walmart BUT it is about a mile from my front door and the filters are about 40 feet from the automotive entrance..... so in and out and home in 10 minutes.....
DISCLAIMER: I would like to appologize in advance, if anything i say makes you cry, it was not my intention to get your panties in a bunch.

teddybearfrmhell
Patched

Postby teddybearfrmhell » July 18th, 2011, 11:03 am

btw, i buy my oil there too

PhL0aTeR
VOL Original

Postby PhL0aTeR » July 18th, 2011, 11:11 am

teddybearfrmhell wrote:btw, i buy my oil there too

yeah i get my oil there when i can as well, Its hard to beat their prices on shell rotella gallons. but i usually buy a case of that when i need oil. I havent yet tried to buy oil online...

i guess i should leave out my backstory on the filters and just complain about their high shipping prices. thats what im looking for feedback on... I shot them an email just in case their shipping calculator was screwy, but i already bought a sleeve/roll of filters elsewhere. I cant just swing on by the oreilly/advance/napa/walmart/autozone, etc.

teddybearfrmhell
Patched

Postby teddybearfrmhell » July 18th, 2011, 11:27 am

PhL0aTeR wrote:i guess i should leave out my backstory on the filters and just complain about their high shipping prices. thats what im looking for feedback on... I shot them an email just in case their shipping calculator was screwy, but i already bought a sleeve/roll of filters elsewhere. I cant just swing on by the oreilly/advance/napa/walmart/autozone, etc.

they are known for nonstop a$$ rape called shipping charges.... i bought a few bolts from them, shipping was 3 times the cost of the bolts..... i use cheap cycle parts for anything i cant get at ACE

The Volusianator
VOL Original

Postby The Volusianator » July 18th, 2011, 11:41 am

Try Direct Line Parts, anything over $199 ships free and under is $7.50 handling charge.

PhL0aTeR
VOL Original

Postby PhL0aTeR » July 18th, 2011, 11:42 am

had no idea they were "known" for that..... i had noticed that their name stopped being dropped as much, but i rarely ever bought anything from them, if anything over the years.

I got my oil filters as well as some engine case armor from someone else, the filters turned out to be $7 cheaper for all 10 as well. they just arent "OEM".

Return to “Vendors”