Oneida Suzuki....

Vendors with a presence or contributing to the VOL.
ecks
VOL Original

Re: Oneida Suzuki....

Postby ecks » July 18th, 2011, 10:37 pm

PHUQUET!
If you p**** us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

PhL0aTeR
VOL Original

Postby PhL0aTeR » July 18th, 2011, 10:42 pm

ecks wrote:Feds, EPA and DOT. Strict anti idling laws. Many places won't let RV's and trucks park over night because they leave a mess. I've seen RVers leave bags of trash and truck drivers throw their p*** bottles out the window. We live in a world of selfish pigs. Truck drivers have to shut down for 10 hours a day. There is not enough parking for them to do it. Would p*** me off to pull into a place and have every slot filled with RVs. Isn't that what jellyroll park is for?

Many times the RVer at walmart is just doing what the trucker is doing, trying to get from point A to point B, im speaking for myself, of course. Ive pulled into a town big enough to have a walmart, parked way out in the walmart parking lot, went in to get something to eat, asked to speak to the manager on duty, introduced myself, loosely explaining my route and that i was parked out as far as i could go, and wanted to make sure it was ok to park out there for the night. More often that not, its taken more positively than just setting up shop out there, crankin out the slides and firing up the generator... lol.... even as it may come with some caveats, like be out by 7am, or dont crank out slides and unhook, etc, in most situations, thats all i want to do is park, and crawl into bed, get up, have a bowl of cereal and head out. Jelly roll park is point B.... lol

ecks
VOL Original

Postby ecks » July 18th, 2011, 10:45 pm

I understand, but the RVer has MANY more options than the truck driver that is laden with federal, state, and municipal laws.
If you p**** us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

LabRat
Sergeant-at-Arms

Postby LabRat » July 18th, 2011, 10:50 pm

Bingo. Do a little shopping and a few hours of sleep. Park out of the way and remember that your parking for the night, not camping.

Sorry, but when traveling, no way I'm going to try to pull my coach into a RV park at night for a couple hours sleep. It there is no room at a rest stop, Walmart her I come.
'05 C50 Aug 05 - Sept 07
'08 FLHTCUSE3 - Sept 07 - Oct 13
'14 Indian Chieftain - Oct 13 - ??

LabRat
Sergeant-at-Arms

Postby LabRat » July 18th, 2011, 10:53 pm

I have yet to see a rest stop filled with RVs. When I've stopped there may be only 5 or so tops at a very large rest area.
'05 C50 Aug 05 - Sept 07

ecks
VOL Original

Postby ecks » July 18th, 2011, 10:58 pm

Depends on what part of the country. I remember Ct was real bad. The Fl turnpike is horrendous. Only place to park is every 60 miles. 20 -30 spots. The PA turnpike was good. With the state of Mn shut down, their rest stops are closed. Real conundrum for the truck drivers. They must shut down, but where? NY city sucked!!!! I would get into the Bronx in the middle of the night and try to park on the street. Nightmares!

LabRat
Sergeant-at-Arms

Postby LabRat » July 18th, 2011, 11:09 pm

Definitely a problem. Worst I saw was NC. Ohio is great. They have a couple rest stops with designated RV parking. They charge you $15, but you get 50amp service and can put your slide out. Only problem is the max length is 40 feet. If I'm pulling a trailer, I'm well beyond that.

I think if the local yokals would but their nose out of private parking lots, RVs would be more likely to pull of into a shopping center or something.

There is actually a yahoo group dedicated to Walmart and they keep a running, updated list of where parking is allowed and where it's not.
'05 C50 Aug 05 - Sept 07

ecks
VOL Original

Postby ecks » July 18th, 2011, 11:19 pm

Wow. I had no idea about the walmart site. Some truck stops charge the truck driver to park also. It's mandated to park and the driver has to pay for it. Then pay for a shower. There just went today's profits.

LabRat
Sergeant-at-Arms

Postby LabRat » July 18th, 2011, 11:33 pm

Not to mention what the feds did to the price of fuel with the mandated ULSD and all the new crap they forced onto the engines. They added a good $15 grand to the cost of a new Cummins. Cost go up and the mileage went down. I'm so glad I have a pre2007 engine.
'05 C50 Aug 05 - Sept 07

PhL0aTeR
VOL Original

Postby PhL0aTeR » July 19th, 2011, 6:08 pm

Bowtie wrote:
PhL0aTeR wrote:
Bowtie wrote:
PhL0aTeR wrote:
Bowtie wrote:Never mind, I see the thread has taken "a turn"! :lol:

bunch of off topic nonsense... all in all, i got my filters for cheap, even tacked on another $80ish to my order, shipping was reasonable, and sent a complaint to deaf ears [CLAP]

Did you post a link to where you got them? Wouldn't mind getting some in bulk for the HD. I do a couple a year at least, might be worth it to pick up a few at a shot.

And off topic is what some of us do best, I can't throw any stones! :lol:

I didnt, but i can, not that you will easily find anything for the HD there, or any cruiser for that matter... :lol:

http://www.procycle.us/

Thanks!

No Problem! I'll even update with a real world review!

Yesterday I spent about $120 or so on my filters and case armor. Today my inner tube came in, and i started futzing with the bike, noticed my lower chain guide was broken. So i got back on the site and ordered an aftermarket one to the tune of $50something shipped

#1, they are quick to ship. I had my tracking number before i went to bed last night for yesterdays order
#2, They are quick to ship.... lol... i had my tracking number an hour after i ordered the part, which reminded me i needed a rim strip which leads me to
#3, Carl is fucking awesome.

I called the 800# they have listed, and the conversation went thusly:

Carl: Thanks for calling ProCycle, this is Carl!
Me: Carl, My name is Jesse, and I ordered a chain guide a couple hours ago, and im wondering if i can add something to my order before it goes out?
Carl: Hang on a sec, the mailman has it....................... Ok what did you need to add?
Me: Awesome, I just need a 17" rim strip.
Carl: I'll toss it in for you and give this mailman the box i took away from him, have a good one!

Return to “Vendors”