Cigar Talk With The Volusianator

Please keep it clean in this forum. Any off color jokes or adult topics should go in the adult area.
The Volusianator
VOL Original

Cigar Talk With The Volusianator

Postby The Volusianator » February 17th, 2011, 2:47 pm

OK we all have motorcycles in common along with other interests. I know a bunch of us also smoke cigars, so I thought I'd start a thread that we can discuss our favorite sticks, places where you found a great deal, general cigar questions, basically anything cigar related. I'll start:

Those that know me know my favorite cigar is the Fuente Opus X, it's pretty much a daily smoke for me, but at the cost, it can get rather expensive. A great alternative I found to the Opus is the La Flor Dominicana Air Bender. It is a Dominican puro as is the Opus, and has VERY similar flavors, just not as strong and at half the price! With hints of sweet spices, citrus, coffee and cedar, you too may find similarities to the Opus X.
Last edited by The Volusianator on February 17th, 2011, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jammie girl
Hot A$$

Re: Cigar Talk With The Volusianator

Postby jammie girl » February 17th, 2011, 2:55 pm

The Volusianator wrote: I thought I'd start a thread that we can discuss our favorite sticks

Really Wade!?!? lol :oops:
Ok I"ll stop. Won't hijack anymore!

The Volusianator
VOL Original

Postby The Volusianator » February 17th, 2011, 2:58 pm

jammie girl wrote:
The Volusianator wrote: I thought I'd start a thread that we can discuss our favorite sticks

Really Wade!?!? lol :oops:
Ok I"ll stop. Won't hijack anymore!

d******'s doesn't count as "favorite stick"!

Skrapiron
Patched

Postby Skrapiron » February 17th, 2011, 3:10 pm

My personal favorite is the 'Genuine Pre-Embargo Counterfeit Cuban 1958 Corona Major' from JR cigars.

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page= ... mcode=58CM

They smoke very well, with a nice robust flavor. Very reminiscent of a Partagas Corona Senior, but 1/5th the price.

I'm also fond of Romeo Y Julietta Vintage, but those are more of a special occasion smoke.
What was once impossible is now routine. The only thing that has changed is my perspective.

Cobra
VOL Original

Postby Cobra » February 17th, 2011, 3:18 pm

Outlaws and Swisher Sweets , Flavored of course. \

Actually I enjoy Acid Dirts and LaAuroras and Bacarats but I cant find them in my Humidor because I cant seem to keep them on top because I dont have a shelf.

ecks
VOL Original

Postby ecks » February 17th, 2011, 3:32 pm

Smoked some good ICE last week. Does that count?
If you p**** us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

The Volusianator
VOL Original

Postby The Volusianator » February 17th, 2011, 3:38 pm

Vince, Acid Dirt...really? I had no idea you smoked any of the flavoured stuff.

Cobra
VOL Original

Postby Cobra » February 17th, 2011, 3:45 pm

The Volusianator wrote:Vince, Acid Dirt...really? I had no idea you smoked any of the flavoured stuff.
It was the same one that Vaugnh had at Sturgis called the Seet Jane and I took a liking to it so when she ran out she said the Dirt was the same basic smoke so I have bought a few since. Its a nice treat after breakfast on the duck boat.

The Volusianator
VOL Original

Postby The Volusianator » February 17th, 2011, 3:52 pm

Cobra wrote:
The Volusianator wrote:Vince, Acid Dirt...really? I had no idea you smoked any of the flavoured stuff.
It was the same one that Vaugnh had at Sturgis called the Seet Jane and I took a liking to it so when she ran out she said the Dirt was the same basic smoke so I have bought a few since. Its a nice treat after breakfast on the duck boat.

Ahhh, then that makes sense, I know the Sweet Jane was a hit, didn't know it was the Dirt basically.

Toe Knee
Prospect

Postby Toe Knee » February 17th, 2011, 4:09 pm

Since i bought my house last year i dont have much play money for the "good stuff" but there ARE some reasonably priced ones that ive found to like.

I usually order from tampahumidor.com. they have decent prices and i like to buy by the stick because my humidor is painfully small.

I like cao america patomic.....esg's.....vgs's....podormos tubos...kuba kuba's are ok....i like arturo fuete opus x's....work of art maduros...mx2.....cx2......and i even like romeo cedro 2's.
-Tony

Image<~~~ this guy looks like a van gough painting.

Return to “General Chit-Chat”