Cigar Talk With The Volusianator

Please keep it clean in this forum. Any off color jokes or adult topics should go in the adult area.
Cobra
VOL Original

Re: Cigar Talk With The Volusianator

Postby Cobra » June 30th, 2011, 7:46 am

The Volusianator wrote:
Cobra wrote:
The Volusianator wrote:Really enjoying the Cain Daytona right now, the 543 is a great small smoke and the 654T is a nice torpedo. Both med/full in body with a very nice smooth spice with a hint of floral notes. Very well constructed, give this one a try!
Havent had one of those yet Wade but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Vince, you would like this cigar, not overly strong and pretty smooth. Not enough black pepper for Joe's taste, but I think you'd enjoy them, and they're pretty reasonable in price too.
SO that means your bringing me one to try right.... I'll trade ya one of Kellis Backwoods....

The Volusianator
VOL Original

Postby The Volusianator » June 30th, 2011, 1:11 pm

I'll have a few Daytonas at RTW

The Volusianator
VOL Original

Postby The Volusianator » June 30th, 2011, 2:07 pm

Never been a big fan of Viaje, not sure why, just not my flavor profile I guess, but I picked up a Viaje Oro Reserva VOR No. 5, which was Cigar Aficionado's 2010 #2 cigar in the world yesterday. Gonna burn it after work to see what all the hype is.

teddybearfrmhell
Patched

Postby teddybearfrmhell » July 3rd, 2011, 4:51 pm

got a call a few days ago, a friend (yes, i do have one of two) brought some cubans back from his recent trip to canada and wanted to burn one with me. so of course i helped him destroy the contraband smokes last night. he bought them at the habanos in vancouver bc.

cohiba corona especials, 6x38 too small and too mild for me by far, but a creamy taste, mine tended to tunnel but his burned razor straight .... not a great smoke (monte A) but an ok little stick. the last 4 cubans i have had were NOT the powerhouses i remembered from the early 90s and the construction was no better than the average premium cigars available anywhere.

i appreciate his generousity but i was craving a really strong smoke by the time i got home, so i broke out a tatuaje gran cojonu and was totally blown away , yet again.
DISCLAIMER: I would like to appologize in advance, if anything i say makes you cry, it was not my intention to get your panties in a bunch.

The Volusianator
VOL Original

Postby The Volusianator » July 3rd, 2011, 5:02 pm

Cubans are generally not real strong cigars, some Bolivar are heavier, some Cohibas. As far as construction, IMHO, Habanos have some of the worst construction period. There are a LOT of great domestic cigars out there right now, of course we can get the Cubans cheaper as our Govt. can't charge us tax on them, for me, I'd rather pay a little more and have a cigar that burns true and tastes as it's supposed to. Just to damn many plugged Cubans.

teddybearfrmhell
Patched

Postby teddybearfrmhell » July 3rd, 2011, 5:10 pm

The Volusianator wrote:Cubans are generally not real strong cigars, some Bolivar are heavier, some Cohibas. As far as construction......... Just to damn many plugged Cubans.

the monte A is my fav cuban, hands down.... strong and huge, can smoke one all night..... but yes, i prefer to buy the legal powerhouse cigars since they are much easier to get. and you are correct, the construction of the cubans is not what they once were.
DISCLAIMER: I would like to appologize in advance, if anything i say makes you cry, it was not my intention to get your panties in a bunch.

The Volusianator
VOL Original

Postby The Volusianator » July 3rd, 2011, 7:28 pm

teddybearfrmhell wrote:
The Volusianator wrote:Cubans are generally not real strong cigars, some Bolivar are heavier, some Cohibas. As far as construction......... Just to damn many plugged Cubans.

the monte A is my fav cuban, hands down.... strong and huge, can smoke one all night..... but yes, i prefer to buy the legal powerhouse cigars since they are much easier to get. and you are correct, the construction of the cubans is not what they once were.

I have but one A left, I don't keep many Cubans anymore, mainly just a cab of Trinidad Fundadores and a couple boxes of Cohiba Robustos. The A I have is a 98, I think it's ready to smoke now.

teddybearfrmhell
Patched

Postby teddybearfrmhell » July 4th, 2011, 12:27 am

i am envious

sweetlu
Prospect

Postby sweetlu » July 12th, 2011, 10:54 pm

Hey Wade, pretty cool seeing you in the Deadwood Tobacco Co ad in the Sturgis Guide that was included in the latest issue of American Bagger Magazine.
05 C50 --> 05 C90 --> 07 HD SG --> 08 Honda GW / 94 HD FXSTS --> 11 HD FLTRU

The Volusianator
VOL Original

Postby The Volusianator » July 13th, 2011, 12:18 am

Cool, I didn't know I was in there, I'll have to take a peek! Thanks for the heads up.

Return to “General Chit-Chat”