Just maybe - - a quick ride today!

Please keep it clean in this forum. Any off color jokes or adult topics should go in the adult area.
Ratboy859
Prospect

Just maybe - - a quick ride today!

Postby Ratboy859 » December 1st, 2012, 8:22 am

Cool this morning (38 degrees), with a hope of 67 by late afternoon! If I can get the "honey-do's" out of the way - then maybe - just maybe a ride! I'm not going to jinx myself ---- oops, too late!

Fletch
Patched

Re: Just maybe - - a quick ride today!

Postby Fletch » December 1st, 2012, 6:10 pm

Did you get that ride in?

Ratboy859
Prospect

Postby Ratboy859 » December 2nd, 2012, 10:13 am

Fletch wrote:Did you get that ride in?

Regretfully, no. Went Christmas shopping with "she who must be obeyed" (the wife) and didn't get home until 5:00 pm. I've got three kids (16, 13, 7) and it's difficult to find everything in just one spot. Actually had to drive to Shelby, NC (an extra 20 minutes one way) to get a special 'one of a kind' item that for oldest daughter. We don't buy a lot things - just things with value. Youngest son likes Lego toys and Star Wars - maybe he'll be an aerospace engineer some day. Prices are killers unless you seek out the bargains.

On the bright side, had a tasty lunch at a new place called Tavern 24 (www.tavern24.com) and had a great lunch date with my loving wife. Even after 17 years of marriage, I love to hang out with her! :-D So, the shopping is done.

The weather was perfect and there was a Toys for Tots run going on in Gaston County. Motorcycles everywhere except for me! But today (Sunday) is looking good, too! I'm going to try again!

Ratboy859
Prospect

Postby Ratboy859 » December 2nd, 2012, 3:27 pm

Fletch....I got that ride in this afternoon. Rode about 1 1/2 hours with slight wind, but temps in the 60's. Some sun, some clouds. I got up near Fallston, NC and saw white stuff along side the road. Then I spied the cotton fields that were being harvested. For a Yankee like me, that was a first seeing something besides snow on the side of the road!

Yep, it's good living in North Carolina!

Jlsawyer
Prospect

Postby Jlsawyer » December 3rd, 2012, 3:32 pm

I rode yesterday here in Nashville. And I rode to work today. Nice weather for December.

TNrookie
Hang Around

Postby TNrookie » December 3rd, 2012, 3:59 pm

Jlsawyer wrote:I rode yesterday here in Nashville. And I rode to work today. Nice weather for December.

Yep....low- to mid-70s in Memphis...rode to work this morning and it was really tempting to call it a day at lunchtime! 8-)

Ratboy859
Prospect

Postby Ratboy859 » December 3rd, 2012, 4:21 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhh, both of you just rip my heart out! I wanted to ride to work today, but there is a major water leak in the motorcycle parking lot (concrete pad by a fire hydrant). I've got the City of Charlotte (NC) Water Department showing up sometime this week. I expected them today, but no, my luck has been running pretty low.

I did get out to the car and watch the OAT read 75 degrees - - lucky me! I had to drive a cage home.

Good for the both of you to get a ride in....that's what life is about.

Doc
Site Admin

Postby Doc » December 3rd, 2012, 5:22 pm

Man, today killed me. It's the first time in weeks that it's been beautiful here, and I hurt my back this morning. Bent over the wrong way... I've had this before, bulging disc. Very painful. Anti-inflammatory drugs and a few days and it'll be fine. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for another nice day. :cry:

Ratboy859
Prospect

Postby Ratboy859 » December 3rd, 2012, 5:31 pm

Doc wrote:Man, today killed me. It's the first time in weeks that it's been beautiful here, and I hurt my back this morning. Bent over the wrong way... I've had this before, bulging disc. Very painful. Anti-inflammatory drugs and a few days and it'll be fine. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for another nice day. :cry:

Sorry about that Doc. I've got a dear friend in Lynchburg and that whole area is really nice for riding. From the north, I used to travel 81 to 64 and then head south. Really nice hills and curves in that part of the state.

Get better and ride soon!

Luvs2Play
Prospect

Postby Luvs2Play » December 3rd, 2012, 7:14 pm

That sucks Doc, hope it clears up soon.

We did 125 miles yesterday, had to take the Vulcan out one last time. Did wash up the Vulcan tonight, didn't want it looking like crap tomorrow when I give it up. Put 20,000 miles on it since March, but just never could make friends with it.

Return to “General Chit-Chat”