Off the Saddle until Nov 18th....or so...maybe longer.....

Please keep it clean in this forum. Any off color jokes or adult topics should go in the adult area.
Ratboy859
Prospect

Off the Saddle until Nov 18th....or so...maybe longer.....

Postby Ratboy859 » October 23rd, 2013, 7:38 pm

Sometimes you just need a place to vent.....I went for my 50 year 'plumbing exam' on the 3rd of October. Yeah, that's a fun thing to do! Three days later, I'm scheduled to see a surgeon for a colon tumor (cancer) removal. Had the operation on 16 Oct and was discharged 4 days later from the hospital. The surgical procedure had a small bump in the plans and I had to be opened up wide (as compared to laproscopy).

Today, the news is looking good. They removed the tumor and the surrounding area. As of now, the lymph nodes are clear. Just to be 100% sure, I'm going to be doing chemotherapy for a suggested six weeks. More office visits and planning sessions.

I am grateful for how easy this process has been. I am also grateful that it was caught in time. I'm grateful for the staff and doctors who've worked on me. I am grateful for the sick leave that I have on the books to take time off of work. I am grateful to even be employed during these difficult times.

I'm on sick leave until 18 Nov; and then may be extended for the the chemo. The abdominal area is sore as heck and I can't lift more than 25 pounds. I don't think I'll be riding the ole girl for a few months. I'm pretty much house bound until things smooth out.

In a positive note, I've been thinking about adding either a voltmeter or an oil pressure gauge to the bike and documenting it. Any thoughts on that idea?

Luvs2Play
Prospect

Re: Off the Saddle until Nov 18th....or so...maybe longer...

Postby Luvs2Play » October 24th, 2013, 4:06 pm

At least there is some good news following the bad news. Just take care of yourself and stay as stronger than you think you need to be. Whoop this things ass and come out ready to kick some more.

Does sound like a good time to do some mods on the bike, but if I had my choice of the two, I would install an ammeter.

Shadow Kat
VOL Original

Postby Shadow Kat » October 27th, 2013, 8:23 am

So sorry to hear this but glad it was caught early! Praying for a speedy recovery!

Ratboy859
Prospect

Back in the Saddle!

Postby Ratboy859 » November 8th, 2013, 7:25 pm

I'm back in a positive way. I was cleared, this morning, by my 'chemo doctor' and I'm not going to have to have chemo for colon cancer. His lab reports concerning the tumor, among other things, basically leave me with being declared a 'cancer survivor' as of today.

It seems odd that basically a 50 year old check up, quick surgery, negative lymph nodes, and quick recovery from surgery allows me to get back to work on Tuesday. He joked that he dispenses poisons to make people well and he was glad that he didn't have to do it to me. He was cautious and wants me to do follow-ups every three months, with a yearly colonoscopy, for the next several years.

I am truly grateful and will be riding tomorrow...slow at first to see what it feels like.

Shadow Kat
VOL Original

Re: Back in the Saddle!

Postby Shadow Kat » November 8th, 2013, 8:15 pm

Ratboy859 wrote:I'm back in a positive way. I was cleared, this morning, by my 'chemo doctor' and I'm not going to have to have chemo for colon cancer. His lab reports concerning the tumor, among other things, basically leave me with being declared a 'cancer survivor' as of today.

It seems odd that basically a 50 year old check up, quick surgery, negative lymph nodes, and quick recovery from surgery allows me to get back to work on Tuesday. He joked that he dispenses poisons to make people well and he was glad that he didn't have to do it to me. He was cautious and wants me to do follow-ups every three months, with a yearly colonoscopy, for the next several years.

I am truly grateful and will be riding tomorrow...slow at first to see what it feels like.

[CLAP] [CLAP] [CLAP] [CLAP] [CLAP] [CLAP] [CLAP] [CLAP] GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

Luvs2Play
Prospect

Postby Luvs2Play » November 9th, 2013, 9:24 am

Happy days!

Congrats and ride safe!

Jlsawyer
Prospect

Postby Jlsawyer » November 9th, 2013, 10:04 am

That's awesome. Enjoy the ride.

Doc
Site Admin

Postby Doc » November 10th, 2013, 7:14 pm

Hell yeah! That's great news.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Return to “General Chit-Chat”