Is everyone still here?

Please keep it clean in this forum. Any off color jokes or adult topics should go in the adult area.
ron2k_1
Patched

Is everyone still here?

Postby ron2k_1 » February 25th, 2014, 3:00 pm

Hey everybody! It's been a while. I was thinking about you guys this morning and I thought about giving you an update since I last signed in.

Well I was blessed on Dec 1st, 2012 with my first child:

That was the day I was not allowed on my bike again. Not because they said no but because I was extremely busy 24/7 helping with the baby and taking care of mommy while she recovered. Long bloody recovery of you ask me...

I now had a baby, so the bike was not going to cut it for the long shopping lists and dropping baby to babysitter and doctor visits and what's not, so I was forced into buying this (goodbye savings!!!)

So now 15 months later, bike hardly used, had to buy a new battery (naturally) and as expected the girl was all gummed up. So I spent a few hundreds to get her going again and hoping I can actually ride it often now that the kiddo doesn't require as much attention.

So now I was all happy, dusted off my leather gears, gave the old girl a good clean up and prepared myself for a rally that was scheduled for last month here in Belize City. And bam, out of nowhere ulcers cropped up my a$$ and they started bleeding and lost a few pints of blood. Spent a week in the hospital, missed the rally, I can't consume no alcohol for 2 months (and keep it very moderately indefinitely) and couldn't ride for at least a week thereafter. So that's where I am and here is the old girl, a bit rusty and dull for being neglected for so long. Although my wrist is still swollen after so long from the I.V. I'm having a great time going everywhere I can on my old love:

So now that I'm happily riding again I hope to drop by here more often as well and hope to see the old regulars.

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Doc
Site Admin

Re: Is everyone still here?

Postby Doc » February 28th, 2014, 12:20 pm

Ron! I thought you disappeared forever. Congrats on the kid! They change everything don't they? She's very cute. Glad you got to keep the bike. If you had gotten rid of it you'd be missing it forever and always wanting it back. Bummer on the alcohol!! I've been on a major weight loss kick here lately and have lost almost 30 pounds since the beginning of January. One thing that's been off my list has been alcohol. Not too bad for me this time of year, but once the warm weather hits, I'm going to want my beer!!! Glad to see you around.

Doc

ron2k_1
Patched

Re: Is everyone still here?

Postby ron2k_1 » February 28th, 2014, 10:15 pm

"They change everything"?! They are like black holes sucking all your free time, money, patience and sanity. But I love my lil chubby dearly. Despite what her family thinks of bikes (even her mom) can't wait till she's old enough so she can ride with daddy. Hold old were your kids when you first got them on a bike? I was already on my teens when my dad got me to ride his bike.

Doc, how you doing? Congo-ratz on the weight loss. Hell you gotta give me tips, it looks like the weight you lost I found it! It's hard to accommodate to the idea that I can't stop while on a ride to take a cold one. Or go to a party and drink nothing but water... I was reading wine is good for my condition tho. But I never develop a taste for it (in my head it kinda looks gay in guys to be drinking wine too).

I know what you're saying. Everybody was telling me to sell it; "is cash sitting down"; "if you can't ride it, sell it"; "you gonna ruin the bike by it just sitting there, get rid of it"... I just couldn't even hold the thought, although the cash could have come in handy...

So here I am spending my little cash left out after pampers, wipes, and milk into Chrome; once again. Ahhhh I really missed my bike.

So see you at the water cooler.

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Return to “General Chit-Chat”