Memory Lane

Eagle
Hang Around

Memory Lane

Postby Eagle » September 17th, 2016, 2:48 am

I remember when this forum was sooooo active, and met a lot of good people thru the forum. Now, seems so quiet, a real shame. Also still remember some in-fighting that caused the collapse of the old forum. Still tell people about this forum. It has such a history of being one of the best that I have ever seen out there. There used to be chats in the chat-room on a nightly basis. Many have moved on to other bikes and brands, and to forums that concentrate on those bikes, but many are still members here. Many new members joined. Well, often miss some of the people and some of the conversations. One of the most helpful and knowledgeable bunch of people around and always willing to help anyone on anything.

I'm doing a few 'new' things on my 01 Suz Volusia, with no plans to give it up. Also have another brand I ride, but Volusia is a good bike, and even being 15 yrs old .. hasn't changed that one bit. Bike is still in good shape as well.

26nevS
Hang Around

Re: Memory Lane

Postby 26nevS » November 5th, 2016, 8:47 am

I'm still here! Still riding my '05 C50T with a DJ Drive. 38k miles. 8-)
'05 C50T...DJ Drive..Still goin' strong! :-P

Doc
Site Admin

Postby Doc » November 8th, 2016, 11:21 am

Is that the one we did? All the haters said that it couldn't/shouldn't be done this way. My brother now rides my old C50 that I did the same to. Many thousands of miles since and still going strong.

26nevS
Hang Around

Postby 26nevS » November 8th, 2016, 12:48 pm

A bunch of you did come out to my place in Warrenton to do that mod. I forget who it's been so long, but if you were one of them thanks again! You're right, it's a great mod and I would not still have this bike if it had the OEM drive on it.

Speaking of "this bike".... been itchin to get a little bigger bike recently. I like the Zukes. Maybe a low mileage C90T.... hmmmm..... 8-)

EDIT: I just saw that you wrote that, Doc. Yes! I do remember that you were one of the group who did that mod for me. Thanks again, man!

Doc
Site Admin

Postby Doc » November 9th, 2016, 11:11 am

That was me, Fiv_oh_po_po (Ron) and Pass (Max). I remember working on the bike on your deck and trying to be careful not to get any oil on it. Another group from here doing Rolling Thunder stopped by as well and we had lunch at Mollies. Best onion rings EVER!

26nevS
Hang Around

Postby 26nevS » November 9th, 2016, 5:41 pm

Yup! I was pissed they were out of Buffalo wings.

PICS!

https://goo.gl/photos/8cs3VUJzZfm6vp5e7

https://goo.gl/photos/RubrWU1ZDD2DkwoW7

Return to “General Discussion”