The Shelled One aka Trtle

annieh
VOL Original

The Shelled One aka Trtle

Postby annieh » July 18th, 2010, 4:39 pm

From the VR:
He was on his way back from Arkansas and was at 65 Cafe and someone pulled out in front of him. He hit the car that pulled out in front of him in the driver door. That person was life-flighted to CoMo. He is ok, he has a good sized gash in his forehead and some scrapes and bruises. They are gonna do some x-rays just to make sure everything inside is ok!

Doc
Site Admin

Re: The Shelled One aka Trtle

Postby Doc » July 18th, 2010, 4:45 pm

Oh damn. That just sucks. I hope the xrays come back and confirm that Trtle has a hard shell indeed! If he walks away from what sounds like the classic car left hand turning in front of the bike scenario, then he is indeed a lucky man.

My best wishes for him

Doc

annieh
VOL Original

Postby annieh » July 18th, 2010, 5:25 pm

They are going to keep him over night. He had 9 stitches in his forehead, 4 in his check. Cat scan revealed some air outside of one of his lungs. That is causing the pressure/pain he feels there. They want to observe him over night to see the air goes away or increases. If it increases, they will have to insert a tube to relieve the air/pressure then go from there.

bf4cm28
VOL Original

Postby bf4cm28 » July 18th, 2010, 9:37 pm

Prayers going out!

SSquire
VOL Original

Postby SSquire » July 19th, 2010, 3:46 am

Thanks Annie, headed to VR to catch up next.
Live Long * Ride Hard * Eat Well -Biker Chef
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - S. Clemens
VOL#103 (originally 8226) / VR #1124 / TOTT Plank Owner

annieh
VOL Original

Postby annieh » July 19th, 2010, 5:36 am

well, he's posting on the VR - so that's a good thing:

Howdy everyone. The doctors and nurses FINALLY got tired of walking in the room every time I even LOOKED at the puter.

So......here's the lowdown from the Trtle's beak. I have 2 strawberry's on my left knee and 1 smaller one on my right knee. I also have a very small bit of road rash on my left wrist and a Fat Lip. Not sure how I did it but I managed to tear a small hole in my left lung without cracking or breaking any ribs. Anywho........because of the hole in my lung I was getting some air where it didn't belong. About 9:00 CDT the surgeon showed up and inserted a drain into my left chest cavity. For those (like me) that have never been around this procedure, I have to admit that it leaves a lasting impression. I've had some worse pain..........just can't remember when. Wink Now that the shunt is in and I have the appropriate meds i'm in a LOT better shape. I also have 2 sets of stitches. There are 9 between and above my eyebrows. Kinda like Harry Potter's scar. I also have 4 more along the right side of my chin just below the beardline. AND......just for good measure I rebroke for the THIRD time the big toe on my left foot.

So............all in all, I'm in pretty good shape for the shape i'm in. I'll most likely be in the Hospital for a couple more days.

Now for the bike. I'm in way better shape than the bike. Although the Valk looks good from the Triple Tree back, the front end is truely toast. Looking from the side it looks like the wheel is pretty much straight under the Triple Tree.

Well.....it's kinda late and i'm just a bit tired so i'll get off of here for now. Be back soon with any new news.

Slider
Hang Around

Postby Slider » July 19th, 2010, 8:17 am

Having a chest tube place for a pneumothorax is a painful procedure. Hopefully it will be out in few days. Feel better soon.

Eddie
2004 Volusia

miataman92
Road Captain

Postby miataman92 » July 19th, 2010, 8:42 am

Trtle, glad you're doing better. Good to see you posting. Prayers on the way. Rest up and recover.
Dave
Kawasaki Vulcan 800
Lagrange, Ohio
Iron Butt 2011
"It's all about the ride!"

CzarOfKatmandu
VOL Original

Postby CzarOfKatmandu » July 19th, 2010, 9:00 am

Adding prayers for a quick and full recovery.

Coilguy
VOL Original

Postby Coilguy » July 19th, 2010, 10:56 am

Wow on the prayer list here too.............. Bummer!!!!!!

CG
...........It's that you ride
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Rider Down”