Pickup Truck Motorcycle Service in Phoenix

avinaftel
Prospect

Pickup Truck Motorcycle Service in Phoenix

Postby avinaftel » August 31st, 2011, 9:00 pm

Like WOW!!!!! I had an explosive rear tire blowout while turning a corner and went down last night. A couple of folks helped me get up and lift the bike up. We pushed it out of danger and then I called the MRF for a tow and they contacted the Arizona Motorcycle Pickup. I waited about two hours and couldn't put the stand down so I sat on it to hold it up for that time. When the pickup showed up, with a click of a button this cage unfolded from the back and came down to ground level. I started up the bike and the chick operating the truck helped me move it into the cage to the wheel lock. I got off, she tied the bike properly. Then with a click of the button, the cage with bike was lifted into the back of the pickup truck, where more ties were added. She took the bike to our famous The Wheel Shop, where today they fixed it all up. The tow didn't cost me anything as I have the MRF road service insurance ($19.95 per year for anything needed on motorcycles on the road. No limit) OK, advertisement over, but I highly recommend this service. Today my legs are pretty sore and my really bad left knee is hurting bad. I went to the VA hospital today and they want me to take a CT for my head..... Meanwhile, I'm fine otherwise. The bike has a few scratches on the plastic but otherwise no damage. The inner tube was totally shredded and there were no nails in the tire. Couldn't figure it out.
I've been trying to find this kind of motorcycle pickup truck on the internet and can't find it. I think it must be custom made. It's something I would invest in. I am very impressed with these things. http://azmctowing.com/index.html and http://www.thewheelshop-phx.com/

Rob61
Prospect

Re: Pickup Truck Motorcycle Service in Phoenix

Postby Rob61 » August 31st, 2011, 9:59 pm

Glad everything worked out fairly well. As they tell me, it's easier to fix the bike than the body. So hope you heal up fast.

I checked out the towing company. That is way cool. There is a video on this page: http://azmctowing.com/about.html
Robyn
'04 Vol, 5/2007 til 3/2011
'11 Victory Cross Country, 3/2011 til 1/2012
'07 C-50, 10/2011

avinaftel
Prospect

Postby avinaftel » August 31st, 2011, 10:29 pm

Rob61 wrote:Glad everything worked out fairly well. As they tell me, it's easier to fix the bike than the body. So hope you heal up fast.

I checked out the towing company. That is way cool. There is a video on this page: http://azmctowing.com/about.html

The woman and husband are bikers too. Both of them are great folks.

Elephant Rider
Prospect

Postby Elephant Rider » August 31st, 2011, 10:39 pm

Wow, that's pretty cool. I might have to check in on that MRF Roadside Assistance. Never really cared about roadside assistance in a car, but riding a machine that has no spare tire has me thinking about something like that. Glad it worked out that you didn't take a harder fall.

ecks
VOL Original

Postby ecks » September 1st, 2011, 6:51 am

Sorry about the mishap. That really is an impressive set up.
If you p**** us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

avinaftel
Prospect

Postby avinaftel » September 1st, 2011, 7:29 am

i want one :mrgreen: thanks for the support.

Luvs2Play
Prospect

Postby Luvs2Play » September 1st, 2011, 7:36 am

Glad you are okay, that had to be a real surprise.

The lift is really nice too, better than having a bike hang from a hook by far.

avinaftel
Prospect

Postby avinaftel » September 1st, 2011, 8:32 am

Luvs2Play wrote:Glad you are okay, that had to be a real surprise.

The lift is really nice too, better than having a bike hang from a hook by far.

Following years of riding, this was my first moving rear flat. I felt it going down and reacted quickly to move over to the right but I was not tracking very well. My rear end was all over the place. I went down slowly, able to keep the bike up until my leg gave out. It wasn't a bad drop. Just a bit on edge. Someone up there was looking after me.

Return to “Rider Down”