Bike Down, Sans Rider

ron2k_1
Patched

Bike Down, Sans Rider

Postby ron2k_1 » September 23rd, 2011, 12:32 pm

Having that sense of ownership of your usual parking spot is common everywhere. You even get a bit mad if somebody else uses your spot and there no more available lots...

Hope everything works out fine for you.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

BottleCap
Prospect

Re: Bike Down, Sans Rider

Postby BottleCap » September 23rd, 2011, 10:12 pm

Not riding because no tail light.

I hear ya, ron2k_1. And I've taken some ribbing for it.

"Bet you won't park there again."
"Hey, I see you parked somewhere else today."
"Did you get the message?"
"How much is he charging you for denting his bumper?"
"Yeah. That guy only seems mild mannered."

And so on. :roll: :D

My department used to park elsewhere until they moved our clock so we moved to be close to it. They ran us out of there to make room for guests. We moved again and another dept grumbled about us taking those spots. They had also been run out of their usual spots. So'k, we parked on the other side. Now there's construction over there and we've been run off from it a few times. We tried our old spots again and found those are "best reserved for other needs". I picked a spot in the farthest lot, to be out of the way, and get hit. Balderdash!

I have now been told there is MC parking, kinda, if someone doesn't triple park his cage in it. We have a few of those. The alleged MC parking is in the swamp spot. In addition to it being too small for all the bikes, the sprinklers flooding it out and making it a cesspool of rotting leaves- it's where the birds like to roost. Birds poop, on motorcycle seats.
Driving a 2005 C50 enginecycle.

ron2k_1
Patched

Bike Down, Sans Rider

Postby ron2k_1 » September 24th, 2011, 9:13 am

Oh yeah! Sarcasm is always present in those situations. I've even had the pleasure to meet ppl that have the nerve in telling me to move cause I'm on their spot. One spiteful motherF even hit my bumper once to get the message across. He wasn't as noble as your hitter to ask around for me though...

Anyways. I'm feeling your pain. You do everything possible to keep your bike safe and looking the best. For some of us it acts as our piggy bank where we put all our savings to :D. and once it gets wrecked to that extent, I wouldnt like to spend the time and money to get her back up. New bike would come to my mind too. I really hope you get the best out of it, and sorry you aren't riding now
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

LabRat
Sergeant-at-Arms

Bike Down, Sans Rider

Postby LabRat » September 24th, 2011, 4:13 pm

That sucks but at least he man'd up. Why to people need to freakin' back into parking spots.
'05 C50 Aug 05 - Sept 07
'08 FLHTCUSE3 - Sept 07 - Oct 13
'14 Indian Chieftain - Oct 13 - ??

Bowtie
VOL Original

Postby Bowtie » September 24th, 2011, 11:22 pm

LabRat wrote:That sucks but at least he man'd up. Why to people need to freakin' back into parking spots.

It isn't the fault of people backing into spots. Backing into a spot is a good way to avoid an accident when leaving, since you are facing traffic.

The problem is people that just can't drive, period. I am a firm believer that if you made people take the written and driving test at least every other time you renew your lic, most of the dumbass drivers would be off the road.

It's the lack of skill, not the act of backing into the spot, that is the issue.
2012 Road Giide cUSTOM
CHROME FREAKING YELLOW

Luvs2Play
Prospect

Postby Luvs2Play » September 25th, 2011, 8:47 am

It's just harder to drive while texting, combing hair, shaving their hooha, and finishing getting dressed. There is no excuse for hitting a stationary object in a parking lot. Missing someone backing out or driving behind while you are backing happens, two things are moving at once.

I would have no pity for someone hitting my bike in a parking lot, but I would work with someone that owns up to his mistake. Nobody has ever done that for me, they always just drive off and nobody saw a thing.

BottleCap
Prospect

Postby BottleCap » September 29th, 2011, 6:43 pm

So the ins guy came out and wrote it up on the spot. I was shocked. Seems high and I told him so. His answer was that if it takes more, have the shop call him. Shop my butt. I have the title. If they cut me the check, I'll be parts shopping and fixing it myself.

On that note, any leads on a cool tail light / brake light with clear lens on top to shine on a stock mounted license plate?
Driving a 2005 C50 enginecycle.

Return to “Rider Down”