Taken down by a Prius

Brandolfor
Hang Around

Taken down by a Prius

Postby Brandolfor » March 23rd, 2012, 10:53 pm

More and more... I hate Prius drivers.

I got taken down by a Prius in a Hit-and-Run on a 2 lane back road. Before the road narrowed to two lanes, there was a short merge, I merged with plenty of space in front of a Red Prius. You know, signal, head turned to look, lots of space, merge. So dude in the Prius feels I cut him off, he runs up on my back fender waving his hands at me. So I put some space between us, he charged around me on a corner so close i could have touched his window with my left hand. He pulled in front of me, drove a few yards, then dove on the brakes. I piled up on the back of his car at about 50. Hit the ground and slid about 40 or so feet, my bike about 10 more than me. As I slid down the road i could see him speed away. It was cold so I had full gear on, full face helmet etc. Most of which was trashed. Broke my right hand, did a number on my knee, no road rash except for one super small spot on my knuckle of the hand that got broken. The whole left side of the bike was pretty trashed. Forks and wheel were ok, bars slightly tweaked. Engine covers, pegs, lights, seat, side cover, passenger pegs, and clutch lever were ground down pretty bad. Mostly cosmetic. The b**** is my bike is a 40th anniversary, so the white with a pearl coat paint pieces are super hard to come by. Found a few bits on Ebay, still looking for odds and ends.

All in all, I was very lucky! lost a few fellow bikers last year, more than I like to count. So everyone remember that cars don't see us, they don't care for us most of the time. In this case, the guy basically tried to kill me. So be alert! Keep the rubber side down! Ride safe every one! just wanted to share my story with ya!

~B
Pain is brief , glory is forever, and chicks dig scars...

Elephant Rider
Prospect

Re: Taken down by a Prius

Postby Elephant Rider » March 23rd, 2012, 11:27 pm

Everyday I find another reason to hate the Prius and those that own them. At least a broken hand was as bad as it got, physically. And I think if you intentionally do something like that to a rider, it should be attempted murder.

ron2k_1
Patched

Taken down by a Prius

Postby ron2k_1 » March 24th, 2012, 1:15 am

What a f[bleep]cking b****! From the time you noticed him with I'll intention you should have gotten his license plate. If you got part of it, I hope the p**** gets caught!!!

Ron

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Da-Mack
Patched

Postby Da-Mack » March 24th, 2012, 7:18 am

Did you file a police report? Did have a witness? That sounded pretty damn intentional to me. Do you think you left some marks on the back of POS Prius Clown Car where it could be found easily?

Good to hear that you didn't get too banged up. Other people just scare the s*** out of me.
"I got vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals"
Lead an extraordinary life.
2002 Volusia...Red/Black...the red bikes are the fastest!
1975 Yamaha XS500

Rob61
Prospect

Postby Rob61 » March 24th, 2012, 10:50 am

That just totally sucks !
Glad you're relatively okay.
Robyn
'04 Vol, 5/2007 til 3/2011
'11 Victory Cross Country, 3/2011 til 1/2012
'07 C-50, 10/2011

Dennis
Dikkhead

Postby Dennis » March 24th, 2012, 3:28 pm

That s*** pisses me off. Glad you are okay

Doc
Site Admin

Postby Doc » March 24th, 2012, 4:19 pm

MF'ers like that need their ass beat. There's no sense in putting someones life at risk for ego or whatever. I hope they catch the b******.

Brandolfor
Hang Around

Postby Brandolfor » March 24th, 2012, 7:51 pm

Hey again all! I did file a police report, they towed me home. I didn't get a whole license plate number but part of it. the only b**** is that in this part of California, it's crawling with Prius's. So they to date haven't found the guy. But the road I was on is used by commuters that don't want to use the freeway so I know he is local. I am sure we will cross paths again. i was informed that anytime us use a vehicle to intentionally cause damage or harm its considered attempted vehicular manslaughter. Which is indeed a felony, he may not do any time, but his license will get suspended for some time, his insurance will go through the roof ,and he will bay some big hefty fines. personally I prefer some frontier justice.
Pain is brief , glory is forever, and chicks dig scars...

ron2k_1
Patched

Taken down by a Prius

Postby ron2k_1 » March 24th, 2012, 9:41 pm

I really hope the f'er gets caught! Please keep us posted!

Hope you recover fast and the bike ends up looking good again.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

BottleCap
Prospect

Postby BottleCap » March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm

I was about to post for people's opinions on Prius and other hybrids. Maybe later.

Sucks though. Those folks should have some comradery with motorcyclists. We both get a lot of Ms per G. He was probably jealous that you were having more fun doing it.

Get well soon.
Driving a 2005 C50 enginecycle.

Return to “Rider Down”