Newbie needing advice!

Speciala106
Hang Around

Re: Newbie needing advice!

Postby Speciala106 » April 7th, 2011, 12:23 pm

Mort wrote:I would go with the 2004 Volusia because the 2006 C50 does not have a fuel guage, it may have wiring problems that the owner did not have the recall done, and carb is a lot easier to diagnose and repair. As far as looks....don't they look exactly alike? the differences are not visible from the outside.

Its not the style but the color, the 06 is blue with a silver gas tank and the 04 is the limited with dark grey and flames on the tank.

Also the 06 is listed as a "T" model but its but studded so I think he added after market bags and windshield and just called it a T

mdram
Prospect

Postby mdram » April 7th, 2011, 12:27 pm

Speciala106 wrote:Wow thanks for all the quick replies, my brain is telling me to go with the 06 because of the accessories but my gut is telling me to go with the 04 because of lower miles and better looks. Grr and to the poster who found new for around 4k,are you sure that was the 800cc models? Ive seen 250s for cheap but never a bigger bike

yeah it was on the other site though

his post was

$4045.00 OTD for my '09 C50 with 0 miles. Got it on 19 Feb in WV.

hes from Christiansburg, VA
03 Volusia
Cobra Streetrod Slashdown Exhaust (minus top tip), jet kit, light bar, highway bar, Switchblade 2-up

If you wanna know where the lower shore is, just head to the end of the earth and hang a left, 2 blocks over and your there :)

ecks
VOL Original

Postby ecks » April 7th, 2011, 12:34 pm

Speciala106 wrote:
Mort wrote:I would go with the 2004 Volusia because the 2006 C50 does not have a fuel guage, it may have wiring problems that the owner did not have the recall done, and carb is a lot easier to diagnose and repair. As far as looks....don't they look exactly alike? the differences are not visible from the outside.

Its not the style but the color, the 06 is blue with a silver gas tank and the 04 is the limited with dark grey and flames on the tank.

Also the 06 is listed as a "T" model but its but studded so I think he added after market bags and windshield and just called it a T

If the speedo is white, it is a T. If it is black, it is a fake.
If you p**** us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

Speciala106
Hang Around

Postby Speciala106 » April 7th, 2011, 3:03 pm

mdram wrote:
Speciala106 wrote:Wow thanks for all the quick replies, my brain is telling me to go with the 06 because of the accessories but my gut is telling me to go with the 04 because of lower miles and better looks. Grr and to the poster who found new for around 4k,are you sure that was the 800cc models? Ive seen 250s for cheap but never a bigger bike

yeah it was on the other site though

his post was

$4045.00 OTD for my '09 C50 with 0 miles. Got it on 19 Feb in WV.

hes from Christiansburg, VA

Wow great deal, I wish it were still available, and it was within reasonable distance

Coilguy
VOL Original

Postby Coilguy » April 7th, 2011, 3:09 pm

Its like a weapon......buy the one you like best, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. If you think on it too long both will be gomne and you will be pi ssed.

Get the one you like best it is way easier ofr others to learn to like what you bought then for you to try to make your self like what someone else told you to get.

If it were a weapon I would say get the CZ can't really do much better
because its the bike I say get the '04 I like Volusias, but it doesn't matter what I like.

CG
...........It's that you ride
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

ecks
VOL Original

Postby ecks » April 7th, 2011, 3:10 pm

Quit being reasonable.
If you p**** us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

Speciala106
Hang Around

Postby Speciala106 » April 8th, 2011, 11:29 am

I'm going tomorrow to look at the volusia. I just dont get a good feeling about the boulevard, and the owner was kindof an ass on the phone but the owner of the volusia was ready nice and seemed to know what he was talking about.

So my next question is, since I just moved to the area I dont have any friends who ride to come look at otr with me, anybody have tips for what to inspect on a used bike before i buy , it was just state inspected a couple weeks ago

mdram
Prospect

Postby mdram » April 8th, 2011, 11:42 am

look at the tires for certain, with less then 5k miles they may be the originals, and getting a bit old and therefore need replacing due to age

i think there are some members in your area
03 Volusia
Cobra Streetrod Slashdown Exhaust (minus top tip), jet kit, light bar, highway bar, Switchblade 2-up

If you wanna know where the lower shore is, just head to the end of the earth and hang a left, 2 blocks over and your there :)

Mort
Prospect

Postby Mort » April 8th, 2011, 12:22 pm

Check end of handlebar grip for rough edge, if so bike fell over. Check all footpegs if rough edge, if so bike fell over, Check clutch and brake levers, if rough edge bike fell over, check headlight rim, if scratched, bike fell over. check front fender where bolt holes hold fender to forks, may be cracked. check turnsignals in good condition. See if the kickstand has been altered, nub ground off or notch by pivot, that is good, owner knows his bike. Ask if PAIR valve is still on bike and intact. See if air cleaner and airclear shell still on bike. Ask if bike has been rejetted.

Others will add to this list.............

Speciala106
Hang Around

Postby Speciala106 » April 9th, 2011, 11:30 pm

I got the 04 :) Absolutely beautiful bike, It was in perfect condition never laid down. I will post up a picture in a few days.

Return to “Welcome Area”