lane splitting in the rain

callahanbrkpds
Prospect

lane splitting in the rain

Postby callahanbrkpds » May 6th, 2009, 9:30 pm

I almost took out a biker this afternoon. He was lane splitting in the rain. I was getting ready to move into the right lane on an 8 lane freeway. I could see there was enough room because the car in the next lane was back far enough, then I noticed a fool on his bike in my blind spot creeping up alongside of me in MY lane. He was so close I could have checked his oil as he went by. All this in the rain. I swear I almost missed seeing this guy, he was almost toast, and he just kept weaving his way up the highway. He also had a nice quiet bike.

fiv_oh_po_po
Patched

Re: lane splitting in the rain

Postby fiv_oh_po_po » May 7th, 2009, 12:20 am

shoulda opened your door...
2005 Suzuki Blvd C50 [2/2005-10/2007]
2008 HD FLHR "POSER" King (Peace Officer Special Edition Road King) [10/2007 ordered, 12/2007 delivered - 4/2014]

Officially Bikeless since 4/2014... :'-(

Gonz
VOL Original

Postby Gonz » May 18th, 2009, 7:59 pm

Is lane splitting legal in your state regardless of the rain?
Funny thing about weekends when you're unemployed, they don't mean quite so much, except you get to hang out with your working friends.

Win an argument, lose a friend. I miss you Gene!

callahanbrkpds
Prospect

Postby callahanbrkpds » May 18th, 2009, 8:14 pm

Gonz wrote:Is lane splitting legal in your state regardless of the rain?

Not legal here. I saw the guy doing the same thing on Friday. The thing is, the traffic was moving along just fine, there was no need for this guy to be driving in this manner. He was just carelessly weaving his way up the road.

Gonz
VOL Original

Postby Gonz » May 20th, 2009, 8:25 pm

callahanbrkpds wrote:
Gonz wrote:Is lane splitting legal in your state regardless of the rain?

Not legal here. I saw the guy doing the same thing on Friday. The thing is, the traffic was moving along just fine, there was no need for this guy to be driving in this manner. He was just carelessly weaving his way up the road.

Then unfortunately he'll get what he's got coming to him one of these days, and it will be another excuse for The Man to say that all bikers are reckless and a hazard to society. :evil:
Funny thing about weekends when you're unemployed, they don't mean quite so much, except you get to hang out with your working friends.

Win an argument, lose a friend. I miss you Gene!

Return to “Motorcycle Safety”