What are your odds?

popcycle
Head Redneck

Re: What are your odds?

Postby popcycle » October 22nd, 2009, 5:53 am

Coilguy wrote:
Rob wrote:Since I started riding I enjoy life more, and that is the stat that really matters!

Brilliant!

CG

+1. Couldn't have said it any better.

callahanbrkpds
Prospect

Postby callahanbrkpds » October 22nd, 2009, 7:39 am

Rob wrote:I figure my odds are a little worse where I live because of the deer overpopulation problem. That MSF training where you weave around the cones helped prepare me for riding on 40 between Hagerstown and Frederick, where you have to weave around all the dead carcasses!

Since I started riding I have become a safer driver, and I wish everyone was required to do some time on a motorcycle.

Since I started riding I enjoy life more, and that is the stat that really matters!

I know know that stretch of road well, on it all the time.

Rob
VOL Original

Postby Rob » October 22nd, 2009, 9:08 am

callahanbrkpds wrote:
Rob wrote:I figure my odds are a little worse where I live because of the deer overpopulation problem. That MSF training where you weave around the cones helped prepare me for riding on 40 between Hagerstown and Frederick, where you have to weave around all the dead carcasses!

Since I started riding I have become a safer driver, and I wish everyone was required to do some time on a motorcycle.

Since I started riding I enjoy life more, and that is the stat that really matters!

I was talking to a couple of hunters at the Exxon in Myersville. I told them how to save ammo...all they have to do is drive up and down 40 in their truck! lol
2014 black & chrome HD ultra, 12" mini-apes, 4" Rinehart Racing exhaust, BSEG!!
2003 black & chrome Suzuki Volusia

Metal monsters that let us breathe... -- Zook, a well-remembered VOL Original

callahanbrkpds
Prospect

Postby callahanbrkpds » October 22nd, 2009, 2:13 pm

Rob wrote:
callahanbrkpds wrote:

I was talking to a couple of hunters at the Exxon in Myersville. I told them how to save ammo...all they have to do is drive up and down 40 in their truck! lol

Right! I sometimes I take alt 40 through Boonsboro, that is a target rich environment too.

Doc
Site Admin

Postby Doc » October 22nd, 2009, 2:54 pm

My days of riding into work are quickly winding down... Besides the critters that are all over the roads, daylight savings time comes at the beginning of November. I've ridden in the dark, but I don't like to, and especially not this time of year. That's when I call it a season (at least for riding back and forth to work). I'll still take it out on a weekend here and there.

Now all I have to do is wait for all the aftermarket people to catch up with the 2010 HD models so I can BUY some stuff and get some winter modding done!!!

Return to “Motorcycle Safety”