Motorcycles and Dogs don't mix

Arkie Babe
Hang Around

Motorcycles and Dogs don't mix

Postby Arkie Babe » February 19th, 2010, 12:36 am

Word of caution! My husband recently took our bikes for a spin to keep them in good running condition during the cold weather. He took his out first, then returned and rode mine. While he was riding mine, he rounded a curve where two large dogs sat beside the road. While they didn't chase the bike, one of them did decide to get brave at the last minute and cross the road in front of him. Unfortunately, the dog misjudged and ran into the front of my bike. Fortunately, my husband had gotten an uneasy feeling when he saw the dogs and had slowed down considerably. He was able to keep control of the bike, but had to put his foot down hard in order not to lay it down. This is a prime example of why good foot gear is a must when riding a bike. You never know when you will need something sturdy to protect your feet. The heavy boots he had on provided traction when his foot hit the ground and protect it from a break. As it was, he only got a fairly bad sprain. It is also an example of why a rider needs to be cautious at all times. Humans aren't the only beings that are unpredictable. So, a word of caution to those riding, never presume that any animal will be afraid of the sound of your bike. As bikes become more common place, and animals become more familiar with them, they lose their natural instinct to run. Instead, they react in very unpredictable ways. Be careful out there, and watch everyone and everything around you when you are riding. It's always better run slow and safe than fast and out of control.

Dennis
Dikkhead

Re: Motorcycles and Dogs don't mix

Postby Dennis » February 19th, 2010, 8:58 pm

LMAO!! I almost think this is a joke...cause I'm drunk...!! LOL! If I see a dog I drop a gear or two...hammer it...hit him square in the gut....and kill it!!!

If this aint a joke, aint nuttin you can do but hang on and hope you dont eat it...

Fringeofinsanity
VOL Original

Postby Fringeofinsanity » February 20th, 2010, 11:23 am

Dennis wrote:LMAO!! I almost think this is a joke...cause I'm drunk...!! LOL! If I see a dog I drop a gear or two...hammer it...hit him square in the gut....and kill it!!!

If this aint a joke, aint nuttin you can do but hang on and hope you dont eat it...

Dennis ain't kiddin' either. Here's a picture from one of our trips a few years back. As you can see, he's big on animal conrtol :twisted: Image

Arkie Babe
Hang Around

Postby Arkie Babe » February 20th, 2010, 12:08 pm

LOL Got that one. Seen it too many times. 8-) Forgot to mention that he did hit the dog. Was able to keep control because of his experience. If it had been me, I would have probably lost it. He said it had to be hurt. He seriously talked about taking a gun and making sure that never happened again. :o :evil: [CLAP]

Return to “Motorcycle Safety”