One more thing to watch out for

The Volusianator
VOL Original

Re: One more thing to watch out for

Postby The Volusianator » February 14th, 2011, 5:57 pm

ecks wrote: I hate snowbirds.

How much revenue would be lost in FL if all the snow birds decided to head to Cali instead?

ecks
VOL Original

Postby ecks » February 14th, 2011, 6:01 pm

The Volusianator wrote:

How much revenue would be lost in FL if all the snow birds decided to head to Cali instead?

I don't know. They don't vote here. They don't pay license fees for tags. The onlt tax they pay is sales tax and maybe property tax, if they own. But most are so old they qualify for all of the exemptions this state allows.
If you p**** us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

Da_Skunk
Patched

Postby Da_Skunk » February 14th, 2011, 6:23 pm

We have snow and cold you get snowbirds that are there 6 months out of the year, sounds about even.

The Volusianator
VOL Original

Postby The Volusianator » February 14th, 2011, 6:30 pm

ecks wrote:
The Volusianator wrote:

I don't know. They don't vote here. They don't pay license fees for tags. The onlt tax they pay is sales tax and maybe property tax, if they own. But most are so old they qualify for all of the exemptions this state allows.

I guess what I'm saying is, not just taxes, but they purchase products from FL business owners as well, stimulating the economy of your state. I only say this as half of WI is in FL right now.

ecks
VOL Original

Postby ecks » February 14th, 2011, 7:11 pm

The Volusianator wrote:
ecks wrote:
The Volusianator wrote:

I guess what I'm saying is, not just taxes, but they purchase products from FL business owners as well, stimulating the economy of your state. I only say this as half of WI is in FL right now.

In my area there are more Canadians, Michicans (like mexicans, but from Michigan), New Jerseys, New Yorkers and new hampshires than Wisconsins. But I see your point. They do keep some service businesses floating. Some lay off after 'season'. I still hate em! Driving truly is dangerous with them around.
If you p**** us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

Jlsawyer
Prospect

One more thing to watch out for

Postby Jlsawyer » February 14th, 2011, 10:58 pm

Back in the day when I lived in lakeland they would wait until u were right on them then They would pull right out in front of u then drive 15 mph under the speed limit.

ecks
VOL Original

Postby ecks » February 14th, 2011, 11:00 pm

Yup! Only now they have cell phones!

teddybearfrmhell
Patched

Postby teddybearfrmhell » February 14th, 2011, 11:12 pm

OldGraySteve wrote:how do YOU know? you got a little disco skeleton in your closet?

all disco polyester that may or may not have been in my closet is now in various landfills, not breaking down.
DISCLAIMER: I would like to appologize in advance, if anything i say makes you cry, it was not my intention to get your panties in a bunch.

OldGraySteve
Hang Around

Postby OldGraySteve » February 15th, 2011, 8:37 am

lol. The killed a lot of little polyesters to make them pants.
It really is scary having these people on cell phones. It's like having a bunch of drunk old people on the road. I think the threat level goes up exponentially. When will government get serious and ban cell phones in the car? It needs to happen.
Steve
Current rides: 09 Triumph Speed Triple, 07 V-Strom 650
Project: 71 / 73 CB350 cafe
Former rides: 95 Magna, 98 Shadow 750 ACE, 95 ST1100

calan
VOL Original

Postby calan » February 15th, 2011, 9:06 am

ECKS - have them all out of there by march 5th. thanks buddy.
Sex is like air. It's really not that important until you're not getting any.

Don't worry about what I worry about.

Return to “Motorcycle Safety”