Helmet Law Protester Dies

ecks
VOL Original

Re: Helmet Law Protester Dies

Postby ecks » July 12th, 2011, 6:10 am

Fortunately I live in a state that allows me the freedom to choose. Hind site is always 20/20.
If you p**** us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

Coilguy
VOL Original

Postby Coilguy » July 12th, 2011, 8:23 am

Rob wrote:
ecks wrote:I wish I was wearing a helmet when I got hit by the coward. I aint gonna lie to you. Hitting the pavement at 40mph HURT LIKE HELL!! Loudest *CRACK* I ever heard.

I and most anybody would gladly have given you the pick of any helmet you wanted. The point is I would not and cannot endorse legislation that requires anybody to wear a helmet, no matter how many wheels their vehicle (snowmobile, bicycle, skiis, skates, canoe, helicopter, airplane, roller skates, surfboard,...) has.

Glad you're still posting, man.

However if legislation is already in place...ignoring it is silly at least. No matter what obligation you think you are only required to honor, when legislation is inacted you are required to follow it or there will be consiquenses. You have the freedom to try to over turn any law, you have the freedom to speak out against it, you have the freedom to choose to ignore it, but you do not have the freedom to ignore it without consiquense. If you feel a law is unjust it is still a law. That is why elections are so important. Some floks wish to take this and many more personal freedoms away in the name of the gov't knowing what is best. They want to protect you and others at your expenses from yourself.

Do I like sealt belt laws....hell no....do I know if I get pulled over I will get 2 tickets...yes. Do I b**** about the seat belt ticket....no I know what to expect. Have I tried to get it turned back....that is a hard one as everyone is so freakin brainwashed. They start with kids in school. Hey dad put on your seatbelt I don't want you to die. I wont die from not wearing a seat belt son I would die from the accident...uggg ug thats not what Mrs. Busybody said in school today.

Freedom does not mean freedom to ignore the law.

Coilguy
...........It's that you ride
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Luvs2Play
Prospect

Postby Luvs2Play » July 12th, 2011, 8:48 am

I don't know of a single state with a mandatory helmet law that was enacted by motorcycle riders. All these feel good laws are from people that wouldn't get on a bike on a bet. It should be that laws are passed by the people they affect, and only those people. Trust me, your insurance rates are not going to go down because your state enacted a helmet law or required a class to get a license, insurance companies get everything they can no matter what, it is legal to extort money from ratepayers.

If Nebraska didn't have the helmet law, I would still wear one, but that is my choice, not some bimbo tree hugger sitting on the legislature.

Doc
Site Admin

Postby Doc » July 12th, 2011, 8:52 am

I agree in some cases, but not all about laws being enacted by those affected..

A good one that passed in VA this year and just went into affect is the 2 minute red light law. If you're on a motorcycle and stop at a red light.. if you sit there for two minutes and the light does not change, you can now LEGALLY proceed through the light once you've determined that no traffic is coming. Bikers got this one passed.. Good law!

ecks
VOL Original

Postby ecks » July 12th, 2011, 9:57 am

Doc wrote:I agree in some cases, but not all about laws being enacted by those affected..

A good one that passed in VA this year and just went into affect is the 2 minute red light law. If you're on a motorcycle and stop at a red light.. if you sit there for two minutes and the light does not change, you can now LEGALLY proceed through the light once you've determined that no traffic is coming. Bikers got this one passed.. Good law!

Si tratta di regole di comune senso del tempo.
If you p**** us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

LabRat
Sergeant-at-Arms

Helmet Law Protester Dies

Postby LabRat » July 12th, 2011, 12:37 pm

Coilguy wrote:
Rob wrote:
ecks wrote:I wish I was wearing a helmet when I got hit by the coward. I aint gonna lie to you. Hitting the pavement at 40mph HURT LIKE HELL!! Loudest *CRACK* I ever heard.

I and most anybody would gladly have given you the pick of any helmet you wanted. The point is I would not and cannot endorse legislation that requires anybody to wear a helmet, no matter how many wheels their vehicle (snowmobile, bicycle, skiis, skates, canoe, helicopter, airplane, roller skates, surfboard,...) has.

Glad you're still posting, man.

However if legislation is already in place...ignoring it is silly at least. No matter what obligation you think you are only required to honor, when legislation is inacted you are required to follow it or there will be consiquenses. You have the freedom to try to over turn any law, you have the freedom to speak out against it, you have the freedom to choose to ignore it, but you do not have the freedom to ignore it without consiquense. If you feel a law is unjust it is still a law. That is why elections are so important. Some floks wish to take this and many more personal freedoms away in the name of the gov't knowing what is best. They want to protect you and others at your expenses from yourself.

Do I like sealt belt laws....hell no....do I know if I get pulled over I will get 2 tickets...yes. Do I b**** about the seat belt ticket....no I know what to expect. Have I tried to get it turned back....that is a hard one as everyone is so freakin brainwashed. They start with kids in school. Hey dad put on your seatbelt I don't want you to die. I wont die from not wearing a seat belt son I would die from the accident...uggg ug thats not what Mrs. Busybody said in school today.

Freedom does not mean freedom to ignore the law.

Coilguy

So I take it that you NEVER drive/ride above the posted speed limit. That you never only use the left lane to pass. If you do, then you bare ignoring the law.
'05 C50 Aug 05 - Sept 07
'08 FLHTCUSE3 - Sept 07 - Oct 13
'14 Indian Chieftain - Oct 13 - ??

v0lusia
VOL Original

Postby v0lusia » July 12th, 2011, 1:36 pm

My bus driver makes me wear a helmet, sometimes that makes me angry, really really angry...... ;)
-Metal monsters that let us breathe. Let us smell. Keep us from being numb. - Zookoff
-Twisties give me happy pants
-
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Coilguy
VOL Original

Postby Coilguy » July 12th, 2011, 2:39 pm

LabRat wrote:So I take it that you NEVER drive/ride above the posted speed limit. That you never only use the left lane to pass. If you do, then you bare ignoring the law.

No Sh1t, I get that! The speed limit is the law......who doesn't speed?

I never implied I don't break the law.............I just stated we as a nation are obligated to follow them or face the consequences assosiated with breaking them. Just because we are a nation with freedom does not mean we have the freedom to ignore the law at our own discretion with out repercutions. We can break any law we want, but then there will be a price to pay if we are caught, weather we made the law, a politician made the law, a lawyer made the law, and weather we morally agree with it or not is of no bearing unless following it breaks a different law.

Coilguy
...........It's that you ride
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

The Volusianator
VOL Original

Postby The Volusianator » July 12th, 2011, 2:43 pm

Coilguy wrote:

I never implied I don't break the law.............I just stated we as a nation are obligated to follow them or face the consequences assosiated with breaking them. Just because we are a nation with freedom does not mean we have the freedom to ignore the law at our own discretion with out repercutions. We can break any law we want, but then there will be a price to pay if we are caught, weather we made the law, a politician made the law, a lawyer made the law, and weather we morally agree with it or not is of no bearing unless following it breaks a different law.

Coilguy

Well said. [CLAP]

LabRat
Sergeant-at-Arms

Postby LabRat » July 12th, 2011, 2:58 pm

Coilguy wrote:
LabRat wrote:So I take it that you NEVER drive/ride above the posted speed limit. That you never only use the left lane to pass. If you do, then you bare ignoring the law.

Coilguy
Unless you are a Mexican that can climb a fence and a federal government that sues any state that actually tries to enforce our immigration LAWS. For example. We have an administration that thumbs it's nose at the law whether it be immigration laws or the nonenforcement of DOMA. Kinda hard to get high and mighty about helmet laws and people protesting those laws.
'05 C50 Aug 05 - Sept 07
'08 FLHTCUSE3 - Sept 07 - Oct 13
'14 Indian Chieftain - Oct 13 - ??

Return to “Motorcycle Safety”