Helmet Law Protester Dies

teddybearfrmhell
Patched

Re: Helmet Law Protester Dies

Postby teddybearfrmhell » July 11th, 2011, 11:13 am

mdram wrote:
teddybearfrmhell wrote:when your time it up, its up.... could have died fixing his bathroom sink... the ONLY thing that makes this remarkable in ANY way is that it happened at a helmet protest ride.

kinda ironic though isnt it

wonder if theres a study, there has to be, of fatality with and without helmets

sure its ironic, like peace protestors being shot by national guardsmen.... but it proves nothing
DISCLAIMER: I would like to appologize in advance, if anything i say makes you cry, it was not my intention to get your panties in a bunch.

Coilguy
VOL Original

Postby Coilguy » July 11th, 2011, 11:22 am

It would be more ironic if a peace protester shot a natinal gaurdsman.

Helmet on helmet off...its up to the individual......if the law says wear one in that state, wear one in that state. I do not like that I can't do certian things I enjoy because certian states forbid me, but I abide by the local laws.

The irony in this event is that he probably did more to hurt his cause then to help it!!!

SeeGee
...........It's that you ride
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

teddybearfrmhell
Patched

Postby teddybearfrmhell » July 11th, 2011, 11:26 am

the ONLY helmet law that i am required to obey is the one my mom laid down to be when i was 8.... i promised her i would always wear my helmet.... when i turned 18, she reminded me that the promise did not have an expiration date.... and i have never been on a bike without one.... sometimes , in the heat, i wish i could.... but to be honest, it probably would feel wrong.... but i support the individuals right to not wear one, or leathers, or boots or whatever.... not my body, not my problem
DISCLAIMER: I would like to appologize in advance, if anything i say makes you cry, it was not my intention to get your panties in a bunch.

BottleCap
Prospect

Postby BottleCap » July 11th, 2011, 7:27 pm

I have a lot more freedom of choice alive than dead.
Driving a 2005 C50 enginecycle.

BottleCap
Prospect

Postby BottleCap » July 11th, 2011, 7:30 pm

And if I die anyway, from a motorcycle crash, I'll die knowing I did my best stay alive. It'd suck to be laid out on the road, dying of head injuries, trying to convince myself how much more fun I had not wearing a helmet than wearing one and getting to ride for years still to come.
Driving a 2005 C50 enginecycle.

Rob
VOL Original

Postby Rob » July 11th, 2011, 7:57 pm

Wearing a helmet should be a personal choice.

I personally have seen lots of times when cagers SHOULD have worn a helmet. Thankfully I have yet to see a time when a biker should have worn a helmet. I hope I never do.
2014 black & chrome HD ultra, 12" mini-apes, 4" Rinehart Racing exhaust, BSEG!!
2003 black & chrome Suzuki Volusia

Metal monsters that let us breathe... -- Zook, a well-remembered VOL Original

teddybearfrmhell
Patched

Postby teddybearfrmhell » July 11th, 2011, 8:03 pm

BottleCap wrote:And if I die anyway, from a motorcycle crash, I'll die knowing I did my best stay alive. It'd suck to be laid out on the road, dying of head injuries, trying to convince myself how much more fun I had not wearing a helmet than wearing one and getting to ride for years still to come.

i agree..... its much better to be laid out on that road, paralyzed by spinal injuries, but your brain completely intact so you can think about all the years you have to look forward to in a wheel chair, knowing that if you drove a car you would be walking away from this little wreck....

if you mandate helmets, why not mandate cars too? personal freedom isnt just what you like, its whats right, start legislating away peoples right to do unsafe things and where does it stop? we will be forced to live in giant padded hamster balls , rolling around, safe from ourselves....

Rob
VOL Original

Postby Rob » July 11th, 2011, 8:17 pm

By the time you need a helmet, it's too late.

All vehicle operators should be required to spend some time "out there" on two wheels, preferably without a helmet.

Welcome to my world!

ecks
VOL Original

Postby ecks » July 11th, 2011, 8:29 pm

I wish I was wearing a helmet when I got hit by the coward. I aint gonna lie to you. Hitting the pavement at 40mph HURT LIKE HELL!! Loudest *CRACK* I ever heard.
If you p**** us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

Rob
VOL Original

Postby Rob » July 11th, 2011, 8:51 pm

ecks wrote:I wish I was wearing a helmet when I got hit by the coward. I aint gonna lie to you. Hitting the pavement at 40mph HURT LIKE HELL!! Loudest *CRACK* I ever heard.

I and most anybody would gladly have given you the pick of any helmet you wanted. The point is I would not and cannot endorse legislation that requires anybody to wear a helmet, no matter how many wheels their vehicle (snowmobile, bicycle, skiis, skates, canoe, helicopter, airplane, roller skates, surfboard,...) has.

Glad you're still posting, man.

Return to “Motorcycle Safety”