Need a New Helmet

BottleCap
Prospect

Need a New Helmet

Postby BottleCap » June 20th, 2012, 7:52 pm

Had KBC and Nolan. Looking for something better. Do-rags and backwards baseball caps don't count.

Modular is prefered. Some kind of retractable tinted visor (like the Nolan N90) is a must.

Wfe has a G-Max. Seems like a good helmet her size is too small for me.
Driving a 2005 C50 enginecycle.

Rico
Hang Around

Re: Need a New Helmet

Postby Rico » June 20th, 2012, 9:00 pm

Have you looked at Scorpion.?

bugman
VOL Original

Postby bugman » June 20th, 2012, 9:19 pm

BottleCap wrote:Had KBC and Nolan. Looking for something better. Do-rags and backwards baseball caps don't count.

Modular is prefered. Some kind of retractable tinted visor (like the Nolan N90) is a must.

Wfe has a G-Max. Seems like a good helmet her size is too small for me.

what size do you wear
Been There, Done That, WTF is Next

BottleCap
Prospect

Postby BottleCap » June 21st, 2012, 11:11 pm

I'm looking at everybody. I think Bikers Bay has Scorpion.

Medium to large. That's one reason I won't buy online. I find I'm with helmets like I am shoes. They have to fit just right. I've taken shoes from different boxes because this size 10.5 and this size 10.5 were not the same size 10.5. And it's not fancy picky. It just had to fit right.

And helmets are one of those things where I want to hand pick the one I buy. I want this one. Not one like it. Don't even go to the back and get me one. I want this one. The one I put on.
Driving a 2005 C50 enginecycle.

Luvs2Play
Prospect

Postby Luvs2Play » June 22nd, 2012, 5:00 am

The wife bought a Shoei Neotech and does really like it. Says it is quieter than her HJC and fits better, but the air movement through it is not as good. My only problem with it is I can't see spending $700 on a helmet. I bought mine from JC Whitney several years ago and have never had a problem with my $100 helmet. I don't ever expect any of them will save a life when going any more than a couple mph anyway.

bugman
VOL Original

Postby bugman » June 22nd, 2012, 9:03 am

thats too bad, cause I a brand new helmet for sale, its a Nolan X-lite, X-1002, size S, clear shield, attached sun visor, and extra fog shield in Excellent condition comes with helmet bag. its one of those flip-up full-faced, only wanted $100
Been There, Done That, WTF is Next

Return to “Motorcycle Safety”