"CE" Armor Falling Apart

BottleCap
Prospect

"CE" Armor Falling Apart

Postby BottleCap » November 17th, 2012, 10:58 am

The "CE" armor in my Joe Rocket jacket is falling apart. First it was an elbow pad. Now a shoulder pad.

I can see the elbow going out. My arm bends at my elbow. Maybe I should stop doing that. ;) But the shoulder? Perhaps now on about 4 years of much wearing, it's just wearing out. I probably ride with it 4-5 days a week, near year round.

How much use are yall getting out of "CE" armor?
Driving a 2005 C50 enginecycle.

Elephant Rider
Prospect

Re: "CE" Armor Falling Apart

Postby Elephant Rider » November 18th, 2012, 7:02 pm

I'll be honest, I bout a set of CE armor when I first started riding. Olympia jacket and pants. The textile stuff. Wore that while I was learning. After I got somewhat comfortable, I hardly wear it anymore. In fact, the last time I wore it was when it was pretty cold.

But the use I have gotten out of it, probably about 3 or months of daily wear and being washed at least once a week during that time, I have had no issues with anything other than some of the pads tearing a little from being taken in and out of their places. Of course, there's a big difference in time worn there too.

I would like to hear more about other people's experiences with it too. 4 years is a good amount of time for a jacket you wear a lot, I think, especially when it's not higher quality leather.

BottleCap
Prospect

Postby BottleCap » November 18th, 2012, 10:36 pm

Yeah. I don't feel like I can really complain. And same quality replacement armor is available at decent prices.

The jacket itself is in great shape.
Driving a 2005 C50 enginecycle.

pig9rr
Hang Around

Postby pig9rr » May 30th, 2013, 5:37 pm

4 Years is a long time. You should be praising the armor! If you went down it would have protected you very well. I've heard mixed reviews about CE armor though. Some of my friends say its better to have hardshell in case you really eat it hard.
Does anyone have some experience going down with CE armor on?

pig9rr
Hang Around

Postby pig9rr » July 3rd, 2013, 10:57 am

Honesty, I think any gear is better than none. A close friend recently went down on his low quality jacket and it still protected him plenty.
He now swears by the cheaper budget stuff sold on here. http://www.motorcyclehouse.com/Motorcyc ... or-Men.htm . Hes been telling me that
Xelement on leatherup and the jackets on there are all the same LOL. The prices are like $10-20 cheaper but... what can you tell em.

Return to “Motorcycle Safety”