Bayou Classic Rally

Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware
wehrme
Hang Around

Re: Bayou Classic Rally

Postby wehrme » May 2nd, 2011, 7:55 pm

Pulled into my driveway around noon today... wet, cold and tired.

Ran into heavy rain and hail around Memphis and decided to stay overnight and try again later.

Had a good time - 1652 miles on the odometer.

The 'balls' survey is still open if you are a high-knockin', grand pubah, golden premium subscriber: So far it's 17 yes - 18 no and 1 'other' (?) :lol:
wehrme - Decatur, IL.

Fletch
Patched

Postby Fletch » May 2nd, 2011, 8:15 pm

wehrme wrote:Pulled into my driveway around noon today... wet, cold and tired.

Ran into heavy rain and hail around Memphis and decided to stay overnight and try again later.

The 'balls' survey is still open if you are a high-knockin', grand pubah, golden premium subscriber: So far it's 17 yes - 18 no and 1 'other' (?) :lol:

Glad you made it home safe buddy, was great to see you again.

Fletch
Patched

Postby Fletch » May 2nd, 2011, 8:23 pm

Here ya go Dave...lookin pretty cool, I think you need a bobber

wiseguydave
Groovin

Postby wiseguydave » May 3rd, 2011, 12:41 am

Fletch wrote:Here ya go Dave...lookin pretty cool, I think you need a bobber

Nice!! Thanks...I think so too :)
I'm just sittin' here watching the wheels go 'round and 'round

mightydog
Patched

Postby mightydog » May 3rd, 2011, 10:37 am

wehrme wrote:Pulled into my driveway around noon today... wet, cold and tired.

good seeing you again!! now don't forget to start kicking trivia ass again! :)

mightydog
Patched

Postby mightydog » May 3rd, 2011, 1:01 pm

what about someone posting some of them picture links over here so i can quit using that damn slow-ass isp spoofer? :evil:

hello? <tap tap tap> is this thing on? :lol:

Fletch
Patched

Postby Fletch » May 3rd, 2011, 1:44 pm

mightydog wrote:what about someone posting some of them picture links over here so i can quit using that damn slow-ass isp spoofer? :evil:

hello? <tap tap tap> is this thing on? :lol:

Here ya go, this is some of them anyways, you can see more on Davids FB photos page

http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s282 ... 20Day%201/
http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/pp16 ... %20Friday/
http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/pp16 ... 0Saturday/
http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss35 ... ntry70068/
http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s282 ... Album%201/

miataman92
Road Captain

Postby miataman92 » May 3rd, 2011, 2:08 pm

**** LONG POST WARNING!!! ****

Morning everyone... Wait... Nevermind... It's 7:18pm... lol

Well, I officially earned my iron butt. Documented and will be submitted tomorrow. What a ride. Almost 1100 miles in 21 hours. The perfect weather for the first half made the miles melt off. The weather once I hit Kentucky was anything but perfect. By the time I was at Kings Island (just a hair north of Cincinnatti) I pulled in to a gas station with a real dilemma. I was pretty beat. Soaking wet and cold. I was starting to doubt if I could make it or not. I texted my wife. Then I texted Slim. In the meantime, it stopped raining. I thought it might be a sign of something good, and it was. I made it all the way from Cinci to the town circle in Lagrange (5 miles from my house) without so much as a drop. Once crossing through the circle, it started SLEETING. Yes, you read that right. SLEET. Frozen raindrops. I could hardly believe it!! I rode the last five miles in just the worst conditions I think I have ever seen. I got home, took 2 things out of my pack, and went inside. Peeled off all the wet clothes, put on warm pajamas, and crawled in bed with my lovely wife. The time was 2am EST. I was beat.

As for the rally, I just don't even know where to start. Fletch, your town is a very nice place. Great people. The rally was just as warm and friendly as I expected! True southern charm and hospitality. The food was outstanding, the rides were well planned, and the evenings were more fun than I can put in to words! I met so many nice people that I now consider part of my family. I have to take my hat off to my friend Slimbone. He was there for me during some interesting times. That's how brothers roll I guess! Mightydog, it took way too long for us to finally meet, but I feel like I've known you my whole life. We're related somehow. I just know it. I will miss you until next we meet.

Rushbass... You are a true gentleman, and I really enjoyed all of those drinks. Thank you my friend.

The boil was great. I ate crawfish. Life is good.

I would be remiss if I left out the Texas Free Riders. This group of folks we so nice and friendly. I spent the day with them Saturday in New Orleans. I rode my bike down Bourbon Street. I mean, how cool is that? Damn fine folks and a whole lot of fun. Thanks for allowing me to tag along with you guys and for the honorary membership. It means a whole lot to me.

Everyone there was just so nice and I really really really enjoyed spending time with you all. I can't wait to share the road (and some Southern Comfort ) with you again someday.

All told, I put about 2700 miles on the Vulcan, and I had an absolutely awesome time doing it. Cold, rain, and saddle sores will never dampen the memories of a great trip. This was a great trip. I hope everyone is home safe or will be home safe in the very near future.

PS...

TGreene and Melanie, it was very cool to meet you both. I appreciate the offer for a place to stay during my travels. Good people, both of you.
Dave
Kawasaki Vulcan 800
Lagrange, Ohio
Iron Butt 2011
"It's all about the ride!"

Doc
Site Admin

Postby Doc » May 3rd, 2011, 3:30 pm

Nice Dave.. very nice.. but did you find a cemetary anywhere in downtown NO and trip on some acid?

miataman92
Road Captain

Postby miataman92 » May 3rd, 2011, 4:06 pm

Doc wrote:Nice Dave.. very nice.. but did you find a cemetary anywhere in downtown NO and trip on some acid?

I found a few Jazz Funerals and a drink that I forgot the name of. Does that count? :D
Dave
Kawasaki Vulcan 800
Lagrange, Ohio
Iron Butt 2011
"It's all about the ride!"

Return to “Southern Rallies”