TEXAS THREAD! woohooo!

Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware
mightydog
Patched

TEXAS THREAD! woohooo!

Postby mightydog » April 7th, 2011, 12:24 pm

Seems like more of us are showing up here daily, so I was thunking we should get a thread going where we can exchange some local info/ride plans.

I ain't got nothing to say right now, though. But I'll bet I think of something useless pretty soon.

Hey, done thought of something! See?

I'm planning to meet up with Ken, aka RolyPoly, on Thursday morning, 4/28, about 9am, hopefully, somewhere around Marshall, on the way to the BCR3. Johnathan, aka johnatwi, will be with, and any others I could possibly cajole into joining us, we sure would like to have you along. We'll be headed back north that Sunday.

ecks
VOL Original

Re: TEXAS THREAD! woohooo!

Postby ecks » April 7th, 2011, 12:32 pm

I was stationed at Ft Hood in the 80's. I lived at the western edge of Copperas Cove. At the time, I had a 79 Goldwing. I really miss the roads over there. I will be back someday. The hill country is so beautiful.
If you p**** us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

mightydog
Patched

Postby mightydog » April 7th, 2011, 12:47 pm

come see us! i'm hoping we can get together a hill country ride again this year. we missed last year.

i found something else to throw out there to keep in mind for the season's planning... gonna get me a patch. :)

http://thunderroadstexas.com/pointsacrosstx.htm

ecks
VOL Original

Postby ecks » April 7th, 2011, 12:56 pm

We have those speed bumps here in Florida also. We even have HUGE feral hogs.
If you p**** us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

wiseguydave
Groovin

Postby wiseguydave » April 7th, 2011, 2:05 pm

Went mountain climbing in Colorado back in 1981. Stopped at a rest stop outside Vail and saw this on the bathroom wall "Here I sit my buns a flexin', just gave birth to another Texan" I figured out quickly Coloradans didn't care for Texans then... I have been to Texas twice...I even spotted a tree and a hill on the same day!
I'm just sittin' here watching the wheels go 'round and 'round

mightydog
Patched

Postby mightydog » April 7th, 2011, 2:17 pm

:lol: you're right, of course, they don't care much for us buying up their mountains in colorado. heck, they don't care much for us anywhere outside texas, but that don't bother me none, 'cause we got plenty of room to flex our superiorities right here. we only go visiting outside the republic to show off and make folks jealous and talk about how you can see a tree and a hill in the same day, if you ride far enough. then we'll tell you how them's the pertiest hill and tree you'll ever likely see.

8-)

mightydog
Patched

Postby mightydog » April 7th, 2011, 2:18 pm

hey, what other state has its own thread?!?! :lol: now anybody else starts one, they'll just be copying us again. ;)

ecks
VOL Original

Postby ecks » April 7th, 2011, 2:25 pm

The Florida crew has it's own website. Trump that!

IronMan
Hang Around

Postby IronMan » April 7th, 2011, 4:14 pm

Hey Robert,

I'm glad to see you've got some mudbug fest plans. You and Ken should be able to herd up some others for that run and I know you'll enjoy. You could even stop in Lindale for some catfish, if you're East on I20.

If anything pops up that allows me to go, you know I'd love it...we'll see how it goes. A water distributor is suddenly making noises about expanding their use of my GPS installations to manage their fleet; so who knows, it might pay off in time.

Sidenote: No matter where I've traveled, people love to either rank on or admire Texas and it's native critters. Texans do seem to get a kick out of inspiring such passionate opinions. I've also noticed that people have lots of preconceived and often illconceived stereotypical ideas about other States. The top of that list would have to include Cali, NY, Fla, Kentucky and Georgia, but there are others that take their share of abuse as well.

It is hard to trump Florida in general, in spite of Texas and others having their own sites. When the hurricanes aren't tearing it up, FL is an awesome place to be. Of course we have danced with a Tornado or two here, so we can't poke fun with 'em about storms.
I ride a beautiful red classic Knucklehead.
She's loud, high maint., overheats and quite temperamental.
My bike is a 2001 VL800 with DJDrive

mightydog
Patched

Postby mightydog » April 7th, 2011, 4:31 pm

ecks wrote:The Florida crew has it's own website. Trump that!

yeah, you're probably banned from it, tho, so that don't count!

Return to “Southern Rallies”