4 Days 4 FaVre Rally

Location for threads about rallies in locations not specifically listed in the other rally forums.
VikeBike
Hang Around

4 Days 4 FaVre Rally

Postby VikeBike » April 18th, 2010, 11:10 pm

What was a simple idea 2 months ago, appears to be gaining some momentum and might actually turn into something special. After the Vikings lost to the Saints in the NFC Championship game, I thought about how I could do something to show appreciation to my team, and more specifically, to Brett FaVre, for the special season they all gave us fans. I had this vision of riding the bike down to Hattiesburg, MS, just to say I did it, and see if I could round up some donations for Brett and Deanna's charities. I began telling different friends about this idea, and now we have dates set for what we are calling the 4 Days 4 FaVre Rally. The ride will begin Tuesday, July 13th, at the HHH Metrodome (aka Mall of America Field), and will end on the 4th day (Friday) at 4pm in Hattiesburg. I have talked to Susan Walker, who works with the FaVres for their charities, and she likes the idea. She is going to speak to Brett and Deanna to see what they think.

Regardless, I am riding my bike to Mississippi in July. Details are still in the works, but coming together rapidly. If you all would like, I can post updated details on the ride as they become available. If anyone has any suggestions or questions, I would love to hear them, since I have not ever organized anything like this before. I have envisioned Wade and I pulling into town together on our bikes with Packer and Viking FaVre jerseys on (even though I'm not sure where Wade stands on the whole FaVre thing right now, hehehe). I bet Brett would get a kick out of that, not to mention the entire story of how we met and got our bikes painted.

If you think you might be interested in going on this ride, please send me a message to let me know. I'd like to get a rough idea of the interest level and the numbers.

Thanks everyone,

Todd

Shady
NYSHIATOR!!!

Re: 4 Days 4 FaVre Rally

Postby Shady » April 19th, 2010, 1:26 pm

Just remember to take the JUDAS stickers off Wade. :lol:

It is not what you pack, it is that you pack.
Hatred + Government + Disarmed Civilians = Genocide

Da_Skunk
Patched

Postby Da_Skunk » April 19th, 2010, 2:16 pm

I can't make the whole thing but I'll ride with you on part of the route. Keep us updated.

popcycle
Head Redneck

Postby popcycle » April 20th, 2010, 7:06 am

Sounds like a great idea. Maybe when the route is planned you could post it so others could join in for a part of the trip. I would love to be able to ride part of the way ,but alas, I will be working out of town. Good luck with the planning and the fund raising.

Return to “Rallies Everywhere else”