Hello from Kentucky

Introduce yourself here.
1kyfool
Hang Around

Hello from Kentucky

Postby 1kyfool » June 8th, 2014, 3:24 pm

Hello From Kentucky. I've been a member for a while but just read; never posted. Now I've got a problem and before I post in the correct forum I thought I should introduce myself. I have a 2005 C50 with 34K that I bought new. It's been a great bike and I hope I can solve my problem so I can crank it up again.

CMAZZ
Hang Around

Re: Hello from Kentucky

Postby CMAZZ » June 8th, 2014, 5:34 pm

What would be your problem with the bike?
From Toronto,Canada

Fletch
Patched

Postby Fletch » June 8th, 2014, 5:36 pm

Welcome, hope you find the answer and it is an easy fix.

1kyfool
Hang Around

Postby 1kyfool » June 9th, 2014, 11:49 am

Hi CMAZZ. This is the problem with the bike: I recently had a major problem on my 05 C50 with 34K. I was riding down the road at 65mph when the engine suddenly lost power then came right back up to speed. I thought that was certainly weird and at my next stop about 10 minutes later I had a loud engine knock. Not a pre-ignition knock, I'm talking about a rod bearing or crank bearing knock. I immediately shut it down, checked the oil which was a little low but not overly so and then trailered it back home. I'm in the process of pulling the engine and have been reading about people with similar problems. The general advice is to find a used engine since that makes more sense from a cost standpoint since a crank kit is about $1000. I've been looking but without much success at finding one for an 05 which is fuel injected. I have located some for earlier carb'ed models and wonder if one of these might work if I change the intake. I am puzzled if some of the sensors etc. for the original motor can be transferred over to the replacement so as to make it work.

Return to “New Member Introductions”