Weather trim on speedo

General maintenance information area.
avinaftel
Prospect

Weather trim on speedo

Postby avinaftel » October 22nd, 2011, 9:04 am

While I was shopping for some door trim for my dog trailer I found this nice small weather strip that fits perfectly around the speedometer, eliminating that space between the base of the speedo and the tank. This strip comes with a chrome stripe in it so it looks sharp on my silver tank. It comes in different colors. By the way, I'm a retired upholsterer and should let everyone know that if you want stuff like this, avoid the parts stores and look up your local upholstery supply house, especially for marine and auto. I use a lot of marine supplies because guess what? We're outside in the wind and wet......duh

dj12midnit
Hang Around

Re: Weather trim on speedo

Postby dj12midnit » March 3rd, 2012, 8:55 pm

avinaftel wrote:While I was shopping for some door trim for my dog trailer I found this nice small weather strip that fits perfectly around the speedometer, eliminating that space between the base of the speedo and the tank. This strip comes with a chrome stripe in it so it looks sharp on my silver tank. It comes in different colors. By the way, I'm a retired upholsterer and should let everyone know that if you want stuff like this, avoid the parts stores and look up your local upholstery supply house, especially for marine and auto. I use a lot of marine supplies because guess what? We're outside in the wind and wet......duh

Got any pictures?

avinaftel
Prospect

Re: Weather trim on speedo

Postby avinaftel » March 4th, 2012, 3:40 pm

dj12midnit wrote:
avinaftel wrote:While I was shopping for some door trim for my dog trailer I found this nice small weather strip that fits perfectly around the speedometer, eliminating that space between the base of the speedo and the tank. This strip comes with a chrome stripe in it so it looks sharp on my silver tank. It comes in different colors. By the way, I'm a retired upholsterer and should let everyone know that if you want stuff like this, avoid the parts stores and look up your local upholstery supply house, especially for marine and auto. I use a lot of marine supplies because guess what? We're outside in the wind and wet......duh

Got any pictures?

Will post them soon. My computer went down and I lost many pictures. I'll retake.

Return to “Maintenance”