OIL & OIL FILTER?

General maintenance information area.
Mort
Prospect

Re: OIL & OIL FILTER?

Postby Mort » April 17th, 2012, 8:19 pm

The K&N filter is good. Get the chrome one. But......if you put it on too tight, the next time, you will round out the nut before you can get it off.....I wonder how I know this? I wonder why I bought a pair of good Visegrip.

ron2k_1
Patched

OIL & OIL FILTER?

Postby ron2k_1 » April 18th, 2012, 12:14 pm

I thought this was a new thread and was about to say, "Really?! Another oil and filter thread?" :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

MrGrimm
Prospect

Postby MrGrimm » April 18th, 2012, 9:41 pm

I love me some gourmet home-cooked liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

avinaftel
Prospect

Postby avinaftel » April 19th, 2012, 12:19 am

MrGrimm wrote:Image

That is so funny!!!!!hahahahahaha

Mort
Prospect

Postby Mort » April 20th, 2012, 10:17 am

As funny as that certificate is, I think if you have been around since at least 2005, everything is a beat-a-dead-horse as it pertains to Volusia/C-50. We got nothing else to talk about, why don't we help the new members learn what we learned without the dead horse thing and maybe not turn off a lot of newbies.

Can someone start a poll as to who never, ever asked here or anywhere, "what oil should I use and what filter is the best for my Volusia/C50". Even Briman asked once.

avinaftel
Prospect

Postby avinaftel » April 20th, 2012, 10:21 am

Mort wrote:

As funny as that certificate is, I think if you have been around since at least 2005, everything is a beat-a-dead-horse as it pertains to Volusia/C-50. We got nothing else to talk about, why don't we help the new members learn what we learned without the dead horse thing and maybe not turn off a lot of newbies.

Can someone start a poll as to who never, ever asked here or anywhere, "what oil should I use and what filter is the best for my Volusia/C50". Even Briman asked once.

Already gave my piece on oil and filters. Everyone has something to say - what works for me might not necessarily work for someone else. I just provide my experience as it applies in my situation. A newbie still has to try out things. What we attempt to do is keep folks from repeating our mistakes and thereby prevent bike woes.

MrGrimm
Prospect

Postby MrGrimm » April 20th, 2012, 12:55 pm

Mort wrote:

Consider me chastised... :lol: ... I inject my humor for my personal amusement. Not to attack a newb. By all means, ask any question you feel fit to ask, but I'm pretty sure we are all adults here and last time I checked alot of adults have a healthy sense of humor, for those that don't, well... Screw em.
I love me some gourmet home-cooked liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

ds_ohio
Prospect

Postby ds_ohio » April 20th, 2012, 3:16 pm

i think that certificate is hilarious. but we all were new to the game at one time or another, too. must show some mercy to the new guy with the new (to him, at least) questions. so, original poster? it looks like you have been given enough options to make a pretty good sound decision for yourself. ( and 1 more thing: i bought oil filter pliers from o'reillys, so my nut looks the same when the filter goes into the trash as when i pulled the new filter out of the package. i do use the nut to put the filter ON, still..... )

ds_ohio
2009 Suzuki C50 Boulevard Special Edition Green/White

MrGrimm
Prospect

Postby MrGrimm » April 20th, 2012, 4:05 pm

And by the way.... I run synthetic whatever is on sale and a k&n filter. Change it once a season or every 5k, whatever comes first... ;)

Marco
Hang Around

Postby Marco » March 17th, 2014, 7:04 pm

I saved some money on my oil and filter ordering from Amazon.com. Rotella T6 was the same price as Wal-Mart but the K&N filter was about $6 cheaper. Was nice to have it delivered to my door. Got my old filter off (Shop had used a Fram last time) and I couldn't get the K&N more than two turns on the threads. They appeared to be coarse with a little bit of a split.

Long story short I had to go to Advance anyway and get the same Fram model I took off. It went back on perfectly.

Return to “Maintenance”